7800GTX vs X1900XTX vs Matrox

G9

Daemon Poster
It's the showdown of the vid cards I'm considering on buying...

The NVIDIA 7800GTX (Not sure which of those to get)

The ATI X1900XTX (Not sure which of those to get)

The MATROX 256MB

I heard that the Matrox is excellent for 2D development applications, like the Adobe Creative Suite and Macromedia Studio. I am assuming its gaming ability is way under par.

Can the 7800 and 1900 handle those development applications as well, or better than the Matrox?

In conclusion, which is better and less expensive, the 7800GTX or its ATI counterpart, the ATI x1900xtx? Compare them singly, and then with SLI/Crossfire enabled/configured.

EDIT: Is this article trustworthy?

Dude ur building things left and right just the other day i swore u said u were building a low end media center correct me if im wrong..Two weeks ago you were trying to set up raid...And now buying a high end video card. Where the hell do you work lol..Why dotnt you wait for the 7900 i think it is comin out soon

i dont think hes building with these cards. this thread it just for information/knowledge.

Yeah... heh, this probably seems strange. I build PC's for distant and close relatives alike. You can imagine how much I make for building them :p

But seriously, I'm a newb at this, but that's what they don't understand.

The PC I'm talking about right now is for my own personal use. And the purpose of this thread is getting to know the stats of these cards before I purchase them. I'll have to get a load of cash.

G9 said:
Yeah... heh, this probably seems strange. I build PC's for distant and close relatives alike. You can imagine how much I make for building them :p

The PC I'm talking about right now is for my own personal use.
oh dang. thats cool. so how much do you make?

Lol i think he doesnt charge them at alll..I wouldnt charge family members neither..Maybe if the total was 1300 i would say it was 1350 heh

badninja3 said:
lol. u actually charge hourly?
No. That's the point. I don't charge. They're family. All they do is pay for the parts, I don't charge for building. Plus I'm new to building, really... it's funny, as soon as I started up the notion of building, excitement exploded in my face.

Dev0115 said:
Lol i think he doesnt charge them at alll..I wouldnt charge family members neither..Maybe if the total was 1300 i would say it was 1350 heh
*tsk* For shame! ;)

So instead of talking about my reluctant position as PC builder of my family (and consequentially, their families), let's get back on topic.

Same here. I tell them what to buy and they pay for it. I build it for them. Then they come to me after a year complaining about problems creeping up :(

Mainly their system gets slower and slower.

Back
Top Bottom