Open Office.org vs Microsoft Office

PerfectSK

Daemon Poster
I'm sure many of you know Microsoft and its monopoly software suite, Office. I'm wondering if anyone has used Open Office.org? Its supposed to be a open source alternative to Office, which is supposed to be faster and more productive than the original. It's also free, lol. It can also open all Office documents with extensions like .doc, .xml, and .pp. I've tried downloading it but for some reason I couldnt get it to install properly and I just forgot about it. How do you guys think it stacks up to Office??

I use open office, its really great! Got all the featues of word, but open office is free!

Its hard though to do school work, because most (if not all) schools use Moffice. It can open Moffice, but I dont think Moffice can open Openoffice.

openoffice is pretty darn good. i have it on one of my older computers and i'll have to say it is pretty similar to MS office, i can't believe its free

Open Office is pretty impressive for a freeware program. However, I've found that it generally takes longer for it to start up and save things. Becides, I got Microsoft Office 2003 Professional for free. :D

If you want to open Open Office documents using Microsoft Office, you have to save that document in Office format for it to work.

Nope. :D I got Windows XP Professional for free too. :D No, I didn't illegally download anything.

It's so awesome having connections...I might get Windows Vista Ultimate Edition for free too. :D

It's a special account from Microsoft for software developers and IT people that use Microsoft products to run their businesses. I have one just by being a CIS student at my university. It allows you complete access to their knowledge database, free Microsoft products (Windows 2000 Pro, Windows 2003 Server, Windows XP Pro, other enterprise software, Microsoft Office 2000-2003, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom