USB Stick will not format...

joxley1990

Golden Master
Ok well ive got this Sony 512MB USB stick, and when I put it into my computer, it finds it ok, and adds it into My Computer.

Now, when I double click on it, It says

"The disk in drive F is not formatted, do you want to format it now"

So I click yes, and it has the format box, its set to FAT, and I click on Start, and then it says warning:formatting will erase all date on disc, so I click ok, and straight after it says "Windows was unable to complete the format" - then I exit, and another box comes up saying "The disk in drive F cannot be formatted"

Anyone got any ideas? - its worked fine before, never done this.

Yeah try a different computer, or maybe a diff usb port on ur computer

Try this. connect your usb while computer turn on.. then restart.. or shut it down and reboot. you got nothing to lose beside abit of time..

Possiblely. What is the brand of the stick anyways? Because there are some, that take quite some time just hooked up to the computer, before it works. One of them I beleive to be scandisk. Not sure thought.. DOnt really remember :D

I tried different ports, different computer, same thing, it hasnt got an option for fat32, just fat. Its a Sony 512Mb, really good, and expensive. I suppose ill be getting my one from microsoft soon though lol!

ArrizX_MuziK said:
One of them I beleive to be scandisk.
Well think that wrong unless they improved them cause my 512 is scandisk and works everytime straight when I put it in. :p Dunno whats happened to your sony one tho, :S

Back
Top Bottom