computer pausing - help needed

i've already been planning on getting another hdd, but that's basicaly to fill with more crap. i use my computer mostly for music and videos etc, that's why it has so much crap on it. will consider getting another processor down the line if you think it'd help a fair bit. at the moment just want to get this pausing thing figured out, because the thing is in canberra it was fine, here it isn't, and in between i haven't filled it up any more. but once i've freed up space i'll de frag and see what that does for it

gussigan said:
lol so why do we buy such big hard drives? sorry if that's a dumb question, just seems odd that i buy a big hdd and can only fill it that much - edit, just saw that not everyone does the whole less than half thang

what processor would you recommend? (not too pricey)

currently copying shizzle to my xbox to free up space

You would love this processor.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819116198

Or this Amd.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103535

And with both of those, you need new mobos.

ah, see i'd prefer if i didn't have to get a new mobo, then it's starting to get a bit costly

okay, so i've defragged both hdds, error checked both hdds and they are only 70% full. it is still doing the pausing. now, i know you said my cpu needs to be better, but i'm doing the most minimal shit and it still pauses and cpu has never been a problem before i moved even when doing a bunch of things at once. it's really starting to annoy me and i'm not sure what it is, could it be something that occurred during the move? because if it is i might be able to get insurance to pay for it

My HDD has only about 6 gig left out of 80 and still runs fine.

I don't think it's anything to do with lack of space, it's gotta be a process that's running that is slowing everything down...

Yes, get the insurace company to pay for it. Because it means theres a flat spot on the disk.

yeah and do something about the processor. what do you use the computer for the most?

i use it mainly for watching movies, listening to music and general internet shizzle and uni work

Back
Top Bottom