I am thinking of this 21' LCD, good/bad?

Zapdos

In Runtime
Hey,
I have been seurching around and lcd screens have gotten alot cheaper since they first came out and i want a good LCD monitor but a good size. And i was thinking of this one http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10065557&catid=#. So please give me some advice, and i live in Canada by the way :). So i think the response time if good and everything about it. But tell me if i am wrong. The games i will play most is Far cry 2 and Battlefield 2.

My system specs are. AMD athlon 3700+, 2gig, Nvidia 6600GT OC. A8N Nvidia Ultra motherboard. Thanks for your help. :D

Well, I never buy Hewlett-Packard products that aren't printers. I would really suggest seeing it in person before you plunk down halfa grand on that monitor.

Yeah i am worryed about it being produced by Hewlett-Packard because the equitment i have bought by them have broken and stoped working. My last laptop failed to work, the harddrive failed, the modem failed and such. I am mainly looking at the Response time and the resolution. Because i really want the gamming experience. And i watch alot of movies. I play alot of games.

I am also looking at this one made by Gateway-http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10069431&catid= . Would this be... better? its the same price. Thanks for the comments.:D

I've seen both the HP and Gateway monitors before...not bad. What's your budget for monitors?

If you can afford the Gateway, definately go for it. It's VERY nicely built, has 4 USB ports and supports DVI, VGA, S-Video, Composite and HD-Composite. :D It's also height adjustable and can turn 90 degrees for a portrait look. The HP is also very nice, but I don't really like the bezel...looks too much like a TV with the monitors on the side. But that's just my complaint, so it really depends on yours.

Either way, both of these monitors are very nice and are well worth the money. If I were to pick one, I'd go with the Gateway. It supports a slew of inputs, is HD ready, has 4 USB ports, height-adjustable and has VERY, VERY solid construction. I've seen both up close, and I'll tell you one thing...you won't be disappointed with either monitor.

Thanks for the compliments. My budget is 1000 or just above.. i am cheap... lol. Dpes RS, Response time matter much in games?

12ms under generally. If you're really picky about it, 8ms or under.

I wish I had $1,000 for my monitor...:(

i got a 26" LCD for xams ... it was ferly cheap (£600) so meby you could look at that .. its HDMI

What does that have to do with monitors? Please stay on topic and keep your personal matters within your personal life.

Anyways, Zack is your monitor a TV? Computer monitors don't usually support HDMI. Also, that's pretty expensive for a 26"...that's $1,042.22 USD. :eek: But considering it supports HDMI, not bad.

Back
Top Bottom