Please Help!!!

b182tm

In Runtime
Hey, I got a new video card because my screen didnt have anything come up, and I put the new video card in, start it up, and still nothing comes up on the screen. But its different now. With the new card, everything in the computer turns on, then it beeps 5 times. Two normal beeps, and then 3 fast beeps. I then turn it off, and turn it back on, same thing every time. With my old card, it would just turn on, and nothing would come up. No beeps. I would then restart it (with the old card) and it would work. I put the new one in, it didnt work, put the old one in, deleted the old drivers, put the new one back in, and it still didnt work. So what the heck could the problem be then? Also, does anyone know what that beep code means? 2 normal, 3 quick? my mobo manual doesnt have a beep code chart.

Please help, I dont know what the problem is.

Thanks,
Derek

P.S. Two things. First, I forgot to say what two video cards I'm using. My old, trusty, original Leadtek Nvidia 6600GT. And the one I bought today, it was just some random, cheapest one at best buy (I am returning it) a ATi Radeon X300SE. Also, under version of CPU-Z on motherboard, it says ASUS A8N5X ACPI Bios Revision 0401. The date is 10/11/05.

Thanks. None of those seem to match mine. So I updated BIOS, still doesnt work. In fact, we were watching Old School last night, and about 1.2 hours in, the monitor just shut off again. It makes me wonder if its a software thing? I really dont want to spend $50 on someone to look at my computer. Any ideas? Thanks.

Derek

could also be the ram, have u done any overclocking? also can u tell us what temperatures your getting for the cpu and vid card

Why would you trade a 6600GT for a X300?? Is the GPU not working?

Try find the beep chart on your mobo website. The beeps will tell you whats wrong

So I have run MemTest86 for like 10-15 runs, no errors. And I didnt trade the 6600GT for an X300. I bought the cheapest video card I could find just to test it, to see if its a video card problem. I still have my 6600GT, and I returned the X300. And I dont know if it was the GPU that wasnt working, thats what I'm trying to figure out. And on Asus.com, I cant find any beep codes. I havent done any OC'ing. Temps idle for CPU is about 31C, for GPU its about 40C. Load, CPU is about 44C, GPU is like 45C. And I would try another CPU, but I dont have any others to try in there. BTW, the CPU is brand new, dont know why it would be damaged.

THanks,
Derek

what cpu are u using now and what were u using before, it could be a faulty cpu even if its brand new

Now I'm using an Athlon 64 3500+ (Venice) and before it was an Intel P4 3.0GHz (530J, Prescott) When I got the new CPU, I also got a new mobo.

Back
Top Bottom