"diskette drive 0 seek failure" while rebooting

maneesh

Solid State Member
hi
i am getting this message wen i reboot my system after i installed a dell printer on the dell computer. wen ever i reboot, its getting stuck on this screen for about 5 minutes with this message and then boots to desktop.

i tried uninstalling the printer drivers, the computer boots but that message flashes on the screen before it boots to desktop.

any suggestions please for this solution,
thanks in advance.

I've seen this before. Your floppy disk may be bad or the drive itself may be bad too. Double check floppy data cable and power cable too.

TRDCorolla said:
I've seen this before. Your floppy disk may be bad or the drive itself may be bad too. Double check floppy data cable and power cable too.

thanks for the reply, well i checked that, but the computer doesnot have a floppy drive. is there anyother prob with the computer.
well its booting to the desktop wen i uninstall the drivers, so is there any prob with the installation of the printer drivers.

I don't know how it can be related to the print drivers. That's odd. Go into BIOS and disable the floppy disk controller anyways, even though you don't have a floppy drive installed. Then go to your manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers for your printer.

TRDCorolla said:
I don't know how it can be related to the print drivers. That's odd. Go into BIOS and disable the floppy disk controller anyways, even though you don't have a floppy drive installed. Then go to your manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers for your printer.

even i am confused as to y it is happening after installing the printer drivers, and the stranest part is that it is booting the desktop, the prob is that its getting stuck on that msg screen for abt 4-5 min wen the drivers are installed and wen the drivers are uninstalled, the msg just flashes and the computer boots to the desktop.
any ways i wil disable the floppy disk controller and try, but any idea as t what to do if the prob persists even after disabling the floppy controller?

the only usb device connected is the printer, and thats wen the prob started, after i installed the printer drivers.

yes thats correct, it was working perfectly ok until i connected and installed the drivers, and wen i restarted the computer immediately after installing the drivers, the prob started.
probably my computer really didnt like my printer....lol

Go into Device Manager and delete any traces of your printer.

Try hooking it up to a different USB port and see what happens. Did you follow the manual on installing the drivers? I think before you even install the printer, you need to pop the CD in first and install that. Then the wizard will tell you to plug the printer in and turn it on. The rest of the work is pretty much transferring a whole bunch of files from the CD to the hard drive.

Back
Top Bottom