Hurricane Katrina

Well see dude, (you gotta tell me your name so i dont have to call you dude, its hard to call someone dude and be speaking seriously) What seems like "alot of warning" isn't really, you have to think through the mind of the people there.

I dont know if youve ever experienced a hurricane but I have, you sit there, watching the tv, weeks of watching, all during the season (then you still have to be on your toes before and after) "is it coming to us? is it going to veer right? oh its going left? strengthening? weakening?"

Then if you it is going to hit, you have to board up windows (Where do you get wood when everyone in town is fighting each other over it), then when you decide to leave (with a supercat 5 like that that would be your decision) Gas is scarce days and before the storm hits the gulf, you gotta take money with you to find a place to stay, you dont wanna leave your animals, gotta think about where youll go, traffic can be backed up to your front door.

with (what was it? maybe 5 days warning? (they thought it was going to turn towards us for a long time remember)) they simply didnt have time to board up, get gas, pack up, find a place to go, get food,

most of the time they had to stay there on the side of the road, as people were steadily passing them and wait for their families. its really no ones fault, its just a disaster, irregular and unpredictable changes in weather conditions

lhuser said:
Yeah, I might sound idiot or so, but, did you took the comps and such to home or what?
no i left them there, because, i could get in trouble for looting, also that is the exact same monitor i have, that is why i took a picture of it...

another thing, someone earlier asked what it was like, well put it this way, i have always videographed and photographed all of my life, and at the end of the day with most of my videos, i was satisfied, but this i just could not capture on film (or the digital picture) YOU JUST HAD TO BE THERE, AND HAVE THE 360° PANORAMIC AROUND YOU, IT WAS JUST OVERWHELMING...
ANOTHER THING I NOTICED WAS THE FACT THAT MOST OF THE PEOPLE AT THE TOWN I WAS IN (PASS CHRISTIAN, MS) WERE GREATFUL FOR FEMA INSTEAD OF BITCHING ABOUT THEM, NEW ORLEANS GOT MOST OF THE ATTENTION ALSO BECAUSE THEY CONSTANTLY BITCHED ON TV.

IN REPLY TO PARADOX, THE EYE ACTUALLY PASSED MORE THRU THIS TOWN THAN NEW ORLEANS, JUST THE EDGE OF THE EYE HIT NEW ORLEANS, THE EYE ACTUALLY HIT THIS TOWN HEAD ON...
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...ass Christian, MS US</b>&cid=lfmaplink2&name=

paradox said:
with (what was it? maybe 5 days warning? (they thought it was going to turn towards us for a long time remember)) they simply didnt have time to board up, get gas, pack up, find a place to go, get food,
Well they had 100's of school busses lined up, but the ignorent hard-headed fools down there did not want to get out, i tell you one thing, i live in North Carolina, and we are real prone to hurricanes, and if the scientists and meteorologists are on TV saying that they place is going to flood and we need to get out or we could die, im geting the F*** ou

HERE IS A VIDEO I PUT TOGETHER, PLEASE WATCH, AND REMEMBER ALL OF THIS VIDEO WAS TAKEN IN EARLY FEBRUARY...
http://www.thepaul.net/video/miss.html

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK

I lived in Guam for years. Hurriances here are NOTHING compared ot there. Cat 5s and 4s aren't uncommon. They get slapped by them 2 to 3 times a YEAR. Not once 2 to 3. BUt you know what. No one evacs. The houses are built for it. Every building is reinforced concrete. Everyone has genertors, everyone knews wtf to do and not to play around. But if they were in the path of katrine in the 9th ward. They wouldn't of stuck around. They wouldn't figured out a way to get OUT. Nd in New Orleans they use the excuse bush just wants to kill a bunch of black poeple and america is racist so they don't help them. Thats not true. Even if bush is a racist it'd be plotical sucidice to not help them. Which he did. BUt its the states job to protect its poeple from situtions like this. Not the national. Like expecting the UN to deal with homeland secuity threats.

God, bet it was scary. Reminds me on War Of The Worlds, except without the big scary machines.

That is sad. I never actually seen something like this.

1337DuD3 said:
LHUSER, always thinking of recycling. :)

Hehe! (Most chances is that they won't work due to flooding)

Thisthing makes me remind of Mitch. You know, the hurricane that destroyed and killed everything?

Back
Top Bottom