Recommended Motherboard

MooseMan1

Fully Optimized
I recently sent back that peice of crap intel desktop board and newegg doesn't have a replacement for me so they refundewd me the current price ($106) so what motherboard should i get? i got some basic requirements i need:

p4 w/ HT lga775 socket

PCI-E

ddr 400 (pc3200) preferable 4 slots but 2 will do

24-pin main power

fsb 800MHz and ^

dual channel support

support for up to 4 IDE devices

sata I although if i could get both sata I and II it would b nice

preferably onboad video but not required

onboard sound

and also chipset....i don't want an intel chipset, i am looking at ATI's "ATI Radeon XPRESS 200" chipset

under 106 dollars

i am looking at this motherboard and what do u guys think? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131565

i really could use some opinions and if u know if the chipset will do well, i am gunna be using a ati graphics card so idk if having a ati chipset would go well with it or what, eather way help me out!

How come you want onboard video, but a PCI-e slot lol - would you just prefer a video card?

joxley1990 said:
How come you want onboard video, but a PCI-e slot lol - would you just prefer a video card?
for incase i have issues with my video card, i've seen it happen and having onboard as a backup is a good idea, and yea i baught the asus i was looking at, formatting the HD as i speak, awesome motherboard i love it so far!!

Back
Top Bottom