AMD processor temp dangerous...

Kage

Golden Master
Its bad isn't it for an AMD Athlon 64 processor to get as hot as 60 degrees C, because thats what mines now on...

I'm rendering and on MSN and on the Internet though. Its never ever got that hot though while doing that kind of thing. Usually it gets to around 53-55 Degrees C... Nothing seems wrong...

Haha I know. My processor has never ever been cool. Only when it first starts up is it at about 45 degrees...

Im running 35 degress on a P4 overclocked to 3.50ghz lol, are you all using stock cooling? are yours overclocked?

I was under the impression AMD ran really cool.

pff, i dont know, my computer can get up to 50 degrees under high load but whatever. I don't think it's that serious although it is on the hotter side of things. Maybe do what people told me and reseat the heatsink (i havent done it yet tho, lol).

My rig is new and the hottest I've seen it is 34C. Sounds like you may have a problem. Whats the fan situation And was the cpu installed properly.

Yeah...well... I thoguht there was a rpoblem when I first built it, but I only lifted heatsink up and put it on again, though I guess it broke the seal.

I was running in quiet mode though, and CPU utilisation was 100% most of the time. At the moment in normal fan mode, its at 50 degrees C. Thats about normal for what I get.

Kage said:
Yeah...well... I thoguht there was a rpoblem when I first built it, but I only lifted heatsink up and put it on again, though I guess it broke the seal.

that would do it.

take the fan/hs off, take some ispropyl alcohol to both the bottom of the heat sink and the top of the CPU, apply some arctic silver 5, and slap that sucker back on. even on a stock fan, the temps should be much lower than what you have.

amd makes decent stock fans for those who don't over clock thier CPUs..

i'm currently using an AMD athlon XP 2400+ (thoroughbred) multitasking with winamp, firefox, gaim, ventrilo, and my CPU temp is 40C.

Back
Top Bottom