Philips MP3 Player mystery.. Can you solve it?

Mekkahfire

Solid State Member
I just bought a BRAND new 2gb Philips MP3 player (HDD82/17). I have a compaq presario notebook (R3340US) and it simply WILL not connect right.

Ive tried:

-Installing software, plugging in device.
-Deleting it from device manager, starting over.
-Deleting it from device manager, plugging in, installing software.

Every combination you can think of. My friend had me go into disk manager and look around but it just doesnt come up. When i plug it in, it gives me 2 options: sync with windows media player or take no action. No matter what i chose it wont recognize it. It doesnt show up in "my computer" and wont show up as connected in the Philips firmware upgrade software.

Screwed up part?

It works on my grandfathers Dell desktop. Great actually.

Please help!!! This is freaking unbeleavable lol.

If its working with your grandfathers computer, then id say it was something to do with your computer...

its USB right? make sure that its the right type of USB port, and also, try different USB ports on the laptop, there may just be a fault with one USB port...

Ive tried all 3 of those.

-Ive tried every port on my laptop
-I have USB 2.0
-Tried formatting the MP3 player on the desktop, no change.

:( :( :(

First, do not follow the advice of the person who said format the mp3 player. If it worked on one computer, then the player is fine. Focus on the USB port you are using. Try any other USB device in that port to determine if it works.

Start to determine what is different between the computer that worked and the one that didn't. Check the obvious, if you are using the USB ports on the front of your computer, are they connected. I generally do not connect them because I have a USB hub connected to the ports on the back.

Look a little closer when you open up "My Computer". I have the same player and it doesn't show up as a drive letter but as Portable Media Player with the name of Philips.

Make sure that the device is not connected through a hub and that the port works with other devices. Then download the latest drivers off the manufactures website. What version of windows/linux are you and your grandad using?

ill update this topic..

All computers ive tried it on are running XP.

It, so far, has worked on every single one except my AMD 3200+ 1GBram XP compaq R3200.

Ive tried every single update, install, hardware update, firmware update, software update, windows update, optional updates ect.

Were you able to solve the problem with your Philips MP3 player?
I had the same problem but all of the sudden , as I am writign this, the thing started working wiht my laptop. I had no iea how it was fixed.

Back
Top Bottom