Problem!

Pidge14

In Runtime
Ok, so i was having the blue screen death and i decided it was my power supply so two weeks later i got new power supply. I put it in and guess what? It does it again. I did a memory test its not the memory and apparently its not a bad power supply. WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER!!!!!!

Ok, the blue screen of death says something is dangerous is happening and if it is the first time this appears you need to restart the computer and if not make sure all hardware is installed properly. And after that it mentions something about disabling memory caching or shadowing or something like that. My hardware is all is place and securly at that. What could possibly be the problem?

At what times are you getting BSOD? Is it happening right during post startup or will the computer be up and running for a while then do it? Is there any sort of noticeable pattern as to when it happens? Have you been checking your temperatures?

Well it was happening after about two hours of running time. Now it does it after about five minutes. When i checked my temps it said 41c for CPU and 20 for system. then i checked it again after teh blue screen and it said 50c for CPU. T here really isn't any pattern to it. It just happens.

Can you restore your system to before the blue screen started appearing?? Or maybe a reformat if you have no other choice!

Ok, so i went into my BIOS and set the it back to fail-safe default. It ran for five and a half hours before going to the blue screen. FIVE AND A HALF HOURS!!! What is wrong with my peice of shit computer?

have u overclocked at all? run a program called prime95 and see if u get any errors on the toture test

well a blue screen is often related to ram. Even though the memory test didn't give u any errors I'd still try another stick of ram.

Well i think i might have found the problem. I went into the BIOS and i checked the CPU temp. It said 55C...from i hear that ain't especially when i was only downloading limewire. So do you think if i got a better heatsink it would solve my problem?

And if a heatsink and fan will do it, what RPM should i get?
I currently have the stock fan for a AMD Athlon 3200.

I doubt reaching temperatures of 55 degrees would give any sort of BSOD. Actually I think if the computer was overheating it would just restart without warning. You never answered gaming_freak; have you overclocked at all? It could be a RAM error like mammikoura suggested or maybe you're running into voltage issues. A low voltage to the CPU can cause BSOD as well. Umm, basically just let us know if you've overclocked, that can be a major contributing factor.

Back
Top Bottom