Remote Access through 2 Networks

donny2001

Beta member
Hello,

have a computer thats in a business running Windows 2k. One of our vendors needs to access it remotley to do upgrades or fix errors within the software. The software they required us to use is Symantec's Pc Anywhere.

The Problem:

We are running two different networks within the business.

Network A is for daily operations (7 computers are on this one), with only one computer having internet access (We want to keep it this way for many purposes). This network is all connected to a Linksys hub.

Network B has 3 computers (one of the computers is from network A), that all share a DSL line, and go through a netgear FVS318 Prosafe VPN Firewall.

The computer that is connected to networks a and b can access the internet, but no body can access it from outside the building.

Is there something that has to be setup within network b's router that I am missing?

I did just unlock the ports for Pc Anywhere tonight, but wasnt able to try to login yet since no one is there to activate the process on the other side.

Are there other steps Im missing?

Any help is appreciated.

DON

Just make sure you're not blocking the ports for PC Anywhere on the netgear firewall, or any firewall on the PC itself also. If it's setup as a router behind a router, then you will need to forward the port to the IP address of the second router, and forward that on to the IP of the computer in question. Is your network setup as static IPs? If so, this should be easy to do. If not, you may want to consider this option.

you will have to check all of the ports on all of the routers... kind of a weird setup you got going there... it baffles me...

Back
Top Bottom