Cooling...

G9

Daemon Poster
How important is cooling? I'm thinking about installing a new cooling system into my computer, but I want to see if it is worth the time, effort, and money.

Yes, it is worth it without cooling your system will overheat and fry. Without a heatsink on your processor your processor with literaly burn up. You need to have fans to keep all the parts cool so they dont over heat and damage them

Without a fan on your cpu, like dev said, it would fry. By by. What kind of cooling system are you talking about? Air or liquid?

Okay, where in the chassis would you put the fan? Having an Alienware with the new full tower case, it's got a fan on the door that you slide open to access the interior. How could I swap it with a better fan, or is it adequate? Shall I provide pictures?

Yes please post pics i just want to see it lol....and dude if its an alienware computer no worries they prooly put good heatinsk and fans in to keep it cool

Yeah, I'm not worried about the processor heatsinks... I just want a top-of-the-line side air cooling system. I've got the models down. 9 or 10 scores at Maximum PC.

Make sure when and if you install them ...that you position them the rite way intake and outtake... If you post pics i can tell you which fans should be out and in...The front fans are always intake...If there is a fan on the top that is out take because heat rises so you want to get that air out of there...The back fans are also outtake you dont want them bringin in hot air that the psu is giving off...Post pics and i can tell you about the side because im not sure what it should be depending where on the side panel it is

The exterior:
exterior8wd.gif

The heatsinks:
heatsinks3pz.gif

Shall I vacuum them?

The whole interior:
interior6xy.gif

The sidedoor fan, the one I may replace:
sidefan9wn.gif

It's a Vantec 12 VDC .1 AMP.

So that's about it. Is the Vantec adequate, or can the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro and the Cooler Master Hyper 6+ outdo it greatly?

Is there a fan in the front of the case for intake..I dont see it if there is?

Well if you want to keep the computer cold..I dont think one fan will make a huge difference..If u want to improve overall temp then that might help but really i would just get a new heatsink/fan for processor that looks preety stock wats the idle temp? And also maybe a heatsink/fan for ur video card those are the 2 main things that are giving off heat and most crucial parts...The hd well i dont think you have to worry much abou that

I'm not srue what the temp is, how would you measure?

I don't think there are fans in the front... while it feels cool near the front (you know, the traditional Alienware vents where the light comes out), I can't locate the fan. But you can see under the harddrive bays a fan, covered by vents.

What do you mean by "stock"?

Back
Top Bottom