Please Rate My PC--Just got it, not sure on how it compares

Yeah, that PC is great, but if you like to play games, etc, that card won't cut it really.

You can get alot of nice PCI-Express cards - New technology.

If you don't game, getting a new video card won't help much if at all.

It's like a sin to put that weak of a video card with that powerful of a CPU... get AT THE LEAST a 6600GT, the 5500 AGP doesn't cut it, let alone that PCI version!

I hate the FX series, my Ti 4200 (which is older than the 5500, not to mention cheaper) out performs it 3 to 1.

okay heres how the mobo goes.

pci - 4X
agp - 8x
pci-e 16x

so basically.. pci - e is initially capable of being 4 times better than pci 1.. which is outsatnding.

acekrn said:
okay heres how the mobo goes.

pci - 4X
agp - 8x
pci-e 16x

so basically.. pci - e is initially capable of being 4 times better than pci 1.. which is outsatnding.

Ummm I'm rather forcertain that PCI is not at 4x. PCI is incredibly slow. It's not even at the 1x factor! To put it into better terms, consider this...

PCI = standard
AGP = 1x/2x/4x/8x of PCI bus
PCI-E = 16x of PCI bus

The PCI bus is NOT at 4x. I believe it does 133MBp/s, as oppossed to it's counterparts which is a multiplication of that number. I am not forcertain on the ACTUAL latency or speed of the PCI bus, but I do know that it is NOT at 4x, it's not even at a "x". :eek:

If you want a good video card, the 7300 GS is what I would get if you need a video card right now. It's only $70! :D

I guess having a good video card in your system is turning into a fashion thing now, with more people having sides open to see whats inside, etc :p

"Wow, a 7800GTX, you rule man!!!"

No good though if all you do is stay in the Windows environment chatting and doing word processing...

So it should matter about what you do, not what you do it on :p

alot of poeple tend to look for the MB in video cards, thats not nescessarally whats going to determine how well it runs, what its going to do is determine how much it can "buffer" per say. if you want a good card, look more for the card achitecture more that just the card MB size.

and it doesnt matter what the slot is at, because, were still not past the 4X standard when it comes to Actual running.

oh, well i didnt even rate it.. i would give it a 5/10...you need a new GPU...

Back
Top Bottom