home networks

borat_sagdiyev

Golden Master
could you guys tell me how to set up a home network with a linksys wrt54g router? i looked on google and it all looks so hard. the computer im trying to connect to this one has a linksys wireless card. so in "plain english", can you explain how would i go about setting up a home network for printer sharing and stuff?

Ha, I think I have the exact same router. I think that's a wireless router too? It's not as hard as it seems. Don't make it too hard for yourself.

The DSL/cable modem that your internet provider gave you has an ethernet cable from the back of the modem to your PC now I assume. You need to disconnect that cable from the NIC on the back of your computer and plug that into the LAN or Internet port of the wireless router. Now if you have wireless adapters setup on all your PCs, you should be recieving signals by now. If you choose to use cables instead, just plug an ethernet cable from the back of each PC (NIC) to the ports on the back of the router. You should have connection right after that.

i know that, ive been connected for the past 2 years with the wireless router, but i wanna do file and printer sharing.

yes it does if you read thru it, i saw it in the table of contents...

For file and print sharing, go to My Network Places and select Setup Home or Small Office Network. Then just follow the wizard. You need to do this on each PC. Make sure they are in the same workgroup.

Back
Top Bottom