MSI k8n neo4 platinum questions

Skankingnerd

Solid State Member
I purchased a k8n neo4 platinum and it is still en route to me...but i've been reading lately about a lot of people having trouble with the cmos battery dying as quickly as 2 weeks?? i was wondering if anyone on here has been having that problem.? should i cancel the order and get a different mobo? thanks

I have had two msi motherboards, a k8n neo2 Platinum and now a k8n diamond sli.

both have been exceptional boards! i have never heard of any such a problem so i wouldnt recommend cancelling your order.

looks a goood board that you've ordered- pci-e, 939, sata... :D

if you've been researching a lot about it then its inevitable your going to find something bad, but a few batteries dying (which is simple + cheap to replace!) out of the thousands of boards they sell is nothing really.

Hope you like it, what are you planning to run on it?

MSi are fantastic boards, I have had a few and none have died on me, I've never changed a battery for one actually.

I think you're safe, its a well used board, its bound to happen to some people.

Every board has it's problems, no company produced products at 100% effiency, somewhere there's going to be a problem. Chances are though, that it's really slim, so I say don't cancel your order, that's a great motherboard! Keep it! :D

thanks for the input guys! i was seeing most of the issues of cmos dying on newegg.com reviews so hopefully i don't get this problem. some people were having cmos batts dying as quickly as 2 weeks. board looks good on paper hopefully it performs just as well!

planning to run a 64 3200+ along with a evga 6800gs and a gig of ocz enhanced latency. it should purrrrrrr.

Thats my board...I got it real cheap of ebay second hand. And my battery hasnt died yet. Great board! You can overclock great! :D

Back
Top Bottom