Computer problem...

manguydude21

Beta member
Ya..so ever since I reinstalled windows, which was because My computer would keep shutting down...the same problem has been acting up.

But now its even worse, when I turn on the computer the monitor wont show any picture and the power button on the monitor will keep blinking (usually its just solid when theres picture) Sorry, Im not that good with computers but I do need some information because now I cant go online at home and am posting at school. So what do you guys think it mite be?? My manager at works who is good with computers says it mite be the power supply??
Plus I cant even shut down my computer by holding down the Power button for 10 seconds...I have to literally unplug the power cord in the back and unlplug it...

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Possible the powersupply. But unlikely. Id have to say it might be something like.. Bad ram. Or your moniter just sucks. Or your graphics card. First thing to do is to hook your computer up to another moniter and see what happens. If that clears, take out the graphics card, and disable it in BIOS. And if thats still not the problem, chage out some ram, try it in different slots ect. And if all else fails.. Get a new computer :D

Anyways.. Welcome to CF dude!

I doubt its the monitor...cuz a orange light blinks on the computer...usually when it runs solid its green and vidd card?!? naw man...dat aint it.

It was goin nuts yesterday like one time, It would make that fan noise like its gonna start up and then slowly it died down...and turned off

and thanks for the welcome

if you are capable, take out as much of the hardware that you can from your p.c and try to boot up. if it boots up, go with the proscess of elimination and add things untill it plays up again. you might want to take out the cmos battery for a few seconds and replace it, then try to boot up, its a long shot but might work.
woz

If it were bad ram, then the computer would make a long consistant beeping noise while its on...and would never stop

i would put a new card in it. Maybe an old spare, just put it on see if your monitor will turn on. if it does, then you need to buy urself a nother gcard. If it doesnt move on to the next step

What have you changed since it stopped working? Graphics? RAM? Hard Drive? Any wires? Anything big happen before it went silly? Virus?

basically...one day I turn on my comp and after a minute of it being on the mouse would stop moving and it would say ccApp program ending...then that little box with the process line. Then BAM it shuts down. So I call my manager and he tells me it sounds like a worm and he tells me to uninstall windows and reinstall it. Afterwards everything was fine again...till one day it just shut off on its own again. And now when I turn it on...the monitor will be working fine but the computer just wont start up...the fan and light will go on but the thing itself wont. I tried changing power supplys yesterday and that wasnt the problem either. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom