nVidia 7900

Conspirate

In Runtime
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=907

I just got an eVGA 7800GT with a free SLI nForce4 Motherboard, and apparently, the 7900 is being released next month to compete with the x1900, ending ATI's short reign of best graphics card (only about a month). Anyways, eVGA's step-up plan allows me to pay the difference for the newer card, as long as it is 90 days from within the original purchase.

I got my 7800GT for 359.99.

1) Do you guys think it is worth stepping up from a 7800 to a 7900?
2) How much do you guys approximate the base model is going to cost?

Much appreciated...

Also, will DirectX9 cards be able to run DirectX10? And if so, will it be really scaled down and not really worth playing? Or could you just like, run an emulation that makes it nearly identical. Thank you.

It won't matter if you want DirectX 10 since it'll only work with Windows Vista and that won't be out for another few months.

The 7900GT looks a lot like the 7800GTX with a more to offer. I'll bet it's going to cost around $400 perhaps? Keep the card you got, unless you can return it for a full refund. Then wait for the 7900GT. It's a beautiful card. I wish I can get a 7900GT instead, but video cards come out so fast these days that you can't keep up.

Seriously...give ATI another month or so after the 7900's launch and they'll probably come out with ANOTHER card. Haha, I wonder what it'll be called...the "X2000"? :p

Yea, it will be a huge jump from a 7800gt to a 7900gtx or 7900gt. But im going to wait for the G80 series. Dont wanna by a card that isent direct x 10 or shadel model 4 combatible. When games that support em are comming at the end of the year.

After Nvidia releases this card, ATi will release a higher x1900 series card to compete.

What most people fail to realize is that the video card market releases a new card every month and a half. So that means the next launch will be from ATI in May to early June, which just so happens to coincide with AMDs launch of the new Socket AM2.

The 7900GT is NOT worth purcahsing in my opinion. Why i believe that it's not worth purcahsing is because most articles I have read that discuss the card claim that it the 7900GT will be equivilant to that of the 7800GTX. And the 7900GTX is just a 7800GTX with a few more pixel pipleines and a higher core and memory clock.

When will NVIDIA grasp that pixelpipelines DO NOT make better performance! It's about pixel shader processors. I doubt if the new 7900 series cards will beat ATI's X1900XTX. If I was you I would keep the 7800GT, no need to get the same card with justa different name on it. :rolleyes:

1337DuD3 said:
What most people fail to realize is that the video card market releases a new card every month and a half. So that means the next launch will be from ATI in May to early June, which just so happens to coincide with AMDs launch of the new Socket AM2.

The 7900GT is NOT worth purcahsing in my opinion. Why i believe that it's not worth purcahsing is because most articles I have read that discuss the card claim that it the 7900GT will be equivilant to that of the 7800GTX. And the 7900GTX is just a 7800GTX with a few more pixel pipleines and a higher core and memory clock.

When will NVIDIA grasp that pixelpipelines DO NOT make better performance! It's about pixel shader processors. I doubt if the new 7900 series cards will beat ATI's X1900XTX. If I was you I would keep the 7800GT, no need to get the same card with justa different name on it. :rolleyes:

Yea, is 20 fps more going to make a difference in your gaming? Really? I mean, like 1337 Dude said, it's probobly going to be like a little bit different, nothing a 7800 overclock or Mod couldn't beat. I think about it like this:

If I were to get a 7800 or x1900 then they'd come out with a new card like, the next day. Look at the card. In 4 years, if you don't upgrade, are you going to want a wierd number like 7900? Or x1900 for that matter? I bet not. You'd want something to remember it like an x2000 or an 8000. Chances are, when those come out, they'll revolutionize the graphics card industry.

Back
Top Bottom