Intel Celeron 3.2 Ghz

jac006 said:
Not the same as a, say, as sempron, or even an amd xp

It would be more fair to compare the celeron D to the sempron. Celeron CPUs are dirt cheap right now.. I could get a 2.4 ghz Celeron (not D) for $30.
I really don't think there IS a sempron that is $30 and matches that 2.4ghz in speed... and lets face it, for a workstation, it provides perfectly ample number crunching power.

Now for the celeron D, I agree, it's garbage. you could buy a CHEAPER AthlonXP or Sempron even, that is faster and all around superrior on every level.

And on another note, there is an amd athlon XP 2900+ barton core on geeks.com for $106, now THAT is a deal. excellent CPU.

kev said:
Dont get mad at me that you buy crappy computers for outrages prices.

Gateway GT5040 Minitower
Pentium D 2.8 w/ VIVE
800 MHz FSB
1 GB DDR2 PC2-3200 (400MHz)
250 GB SATA drive
9 in 1 card reader
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 950 w/ PCI-E slot
DVD/RW drive AND DVD-ROM
Windows Media Center
$699.99

Gateway GT4010 Minitower
Athlon 64 3500+ 2.2 GHz
2.0 GHz FSB
1 GB PC-3200 (400MHz)
200 GB IDE drive
9-1 card reader
GeForce 6100 w/ PCI-E slot
DL DVD+/-RW
Windows Media Center
$579.99

Like i said, that piece of crap is only worth $199 at the most. Sure it has 1gig of RAM probably PC2100. Wow 2 40gig drive probably with 2mb cachs. And its used.

"Piece of crap" ? Your computers arent exactly the best deals in the world, I could easily build that 1st computer for 400-450$ if I looked around, no need to get so pissed off at someone that is just offering opinions.

We really didn't need advertisements, I was simply asking a question, thanks to everyone else. Also, yes, it would come with Windows XP Pro, Linux and Microsoft Office.

You can build any computer cheaper then you can buy them already built. People were just saying that your computer was worth $700+ And i obvesiouly proved that wrong with thoes 2 examples.

And yes your computer is a peice of crap. And no the 2 computers i listed there are not mine. They just examples that you could buy a computer FAR better then the one you are trying to sell for less then $700 bringing the value of your computer down.

Dont get all mad because your computer isent worth anything.

kev said:
You can build any computer cheaper then you can buy them already built. People were just saying that your computer was worth $700+ And i obvesiouly proved that wrong with thoes 2 examples.

And yes your computer is a peice of crap. And no the 2 computers i listed there are not mine. They just examples that you could buy a computer FAR better then the one you are trying to sell for less then $700 bringing the value of your computer down.

Dont get all mad because your computer isent worth anything.

Let me start with this. I* obviously* those* piece* isn't* Also, you don't need to capitalize "and" everytime you use it, or start sentances with it.

Secondly, not everyone needs a super-fast-top-of-the-line computer like you, and no not every computer is cheaper if you put it together yourself. Who said I was selling my computer? Do you know what the word "question" means?

"FAR BETTER" somehow doesn't quite seem to put it in perspective, perhaps you could have said "Better for games" or "More harddrive space," I hardly consider that "FAR BETTER."

Oh yeah one last thing, maybe 200$(har har, I already got an offer of 450) isn't worth anything to you, but those of us that don't have people hand us everything it is a decent amount of money.

Well lucky for you. Not everyone is as smart as the people on this forums. And know that, that computer isnt worth anything. Or that could buy a computer from their local retaler that is "far better".
How are thoes two computers not "far better" then the one you listed.
Yes they are better for games
Yes they are better for storage
Yes they are better for video/music/photo editing
Pretty much thoses computers i listed above would do anything you throw at them better then the only you listed.
Everything on thoes two computers is faster and better.

And it is pretty obvious that you were trying to sell the computer since you "asked" the quetion "or perhaps tell me how much you would pay for this computer"

Overlordx said:
Anyone know how much I could sell this for? I tried on Trading but didn't get a response so figured I might as well ask here....or perhaps tell me how much you would pay for this computer, custom built,

Processor - 3.2Ghz Intel Celeron
Hard drive - 40 Gb
Slave Drive - 40 gb
Video Card - On board 64 MB, also a 128 MB installed with drivers
Memory - 1024 MB 184-pin DDR DIMM
Motherboard: ECS PM-800-M2

Thank in advance :p ,

I don't mean to put your system down or anything like that but I'm honestly going to say that it's probably worth around $100-$200. When I think of Celerons, first thing that pop to mind is a budget PC. 40GB hard drive is really small to today's standards. Built in video controllers doesn't really impress too much (but for the average PC user, they probably don't care anyways).

Yeah, if you were to sell it, that's probably the price I'm willing to pay. Resale value is always a bitch (pardon my french), but that's the way it is. Cars are much worse. They depreciate so fast, that it's not even funny.

kev said:
Well lucky for you. Not everyone is as smart as the people on this forums. And know that, that computer isnt worth anything. Or that could buy a computer from their local retaler that is "far better".
How are thoes two computers not "far better" then the one you listed.
Yes they are better for games
Yes they are better for storage
Yes they are better for video/music/photo editing
Pretty much thoses computers i listed above would do anything you throw at them better then the only you listed.
Everything on thoes two computers is faster and better.

And it is pretty obvious that you were trying to sell the computer since you "asked" the quetion "or perhaps tell me how much you would pay for this computer"

Alright, done talking to you. At least you spelled obvious right this time, I was only looking to sell the CPU but I was wondering how much the whole system is worth.

Overlordx said:
Alright, done talking to you. At least you spelled obvious right this time, I was only looking to sell the CPU but I was wondering how much the whole system is worth.

If you're looking to sell just the CPU, then the honest value of it is roughly $75 to $80. I believe at Newegg.com they offer the 3.2GHz Celeron D for $90, or somewhere close to that. I may be off by a little bit, but to my general knowledge that's what Newegg.com offers. Keep in mind that the 3.2GHz Celeron D from Newegg.com is brand new, and comes with a heatsink.

If your CPU is used and does not come with a heatsink, which you haven't really said if it has or has not so I'm just goign to assume that it does, plus, this makes you get more money out of the deal if you offer the HSF with it! :D But, I would probably pay something near the REFUBIRISHED price of that CPU from Newegg.com.

I hope this gives you somewhat of an insight as to how much the value of your CPU is. Which by the way, Celeron D's aren't horribly bad processors, they can do a variety of things, but I still wouldn't recommend one to someone.

Back
Top Bottom