Setting up a RAID 1 configuration.

G9

Daemon Poster
Here's my set of questions:
1. I've got the identical HD. But can RAID be configured if one drive has been used, and one drive is new? Or do they both have to be fresh?
2. ...How would you set one up? :p But seriously, how?

Thank you. And I apologize for all my threads.

Im not sure on if they have to be fresh...To set up raid you would need a raid card unless your mobo supports raid...So if it doesnt u need to buy a pci raid controller...Im not so sure about all the details

This is the description I found on my motherboard... I'm assuming I don't need to purchase a raid controller?

Serial ATA / RAID
Next-generation Serial ATA enables high-speed storage transfers with up to a 50 percent increase in data throughput to reduce application start-up times and provide near-instantaneous data access. Serial ATA RAID 0 and 1 provide unparalleled performance and data security to meet the demands of the most extreme computing enthusiast.

Yeah i think you have raid...Then just play them into the slots get rid of those IDE cables...And after that i think you set up via Windows Wizard

IDE cables are the cables that are hooking your HD's up rite now. To change to raid it different wires...Once you plug them in i think you use i windows wizard and it will set it up for you..Im sure if yo google it will give you in depth stuff on how to set it up

Okay, I'll start googling after I know what these "different wires" are called.

Back
Top Bottom