Whats with these two EE's?

One is the Smithfield core which is dual-core and one is the Prescott which is single-core.

Well second stupid thread of the night. But still, whats with the price difference, is there is such a dramatic decrease in performance?

Well for like $50 more id get the dual core, and be able to do like anything with it. Rather then have the lame ass single core. And look at what your spendin. What your spending that much cash, $50 is like nothing...

Well it depends. That "lame ass" single-core Prescott overclocks pretty darn high, while the Smithfield is for multitasking. Don't even bother overclocking it.

Well what I ment by that comment is that, dual core does almost everything better then singlecore. So why even bother with it? Know what i mean?

ArrizX_MuziK said:
Well what I ment by that comment is that, dual core does almost everything better then singlecore. So why even bother with it? Know what i mean?
actually, in some games single core performs faster. (depending on whether the system is multitasking other applications in the background or not, of coarse.)

Oh, but still get the dual core, and then, from there, right click on the processes in task manager. And you can make the game run on only one core..

Back
Top Bottom