college labtop

Vurnakes

Baseband Member
I want to get a new laptop soon for my birthday coming up in a few days. The computer will be for college i am soon to be a freshman. I was looking at dell's inspiron e1705 and was wondering if it is too risky to buy the duo core processor. I have herd that there are a few kinks but would they have been worked out by now. I want this laptop to be my only computer. I want to game and have a big enough screen for movies and it should be comfortable enough for working. If anyone has any suggestions on other computers please let me know. Thanks for any help.

Have fun lugging a monster gaming laptop around school too. Some of those things are so big....like the alienwares...damn

But yeah that's a good choice to go with the XPS series from Dell.

ok first of if you are going to get a laptop for gaming, don't get a Duo Core. The Single Core is better :D then with the other money (that you didn't spend getting a Duo Core get some more RAM)

OK as everyone else is saying "first off" The duo CAN be used for gaming. For proccessing time it outperformed the P4 PD and X2. I would get the duo it is very very fast. Look for at least the 1.8 duo though. I would not go with dell. try sony

plus with the duo you will get 20% more battery life then the PM

and 2nd

john123 first of all, learn to spell laptop

Dont be an asshole its a simple mistake

look, if it's for college, you don't necessarily need games, but I would recommend the Gateway Convertible. It was just released, with windows xp tablet edition. I tried on out in price club, and WOW was it amazing. I would definitely recommend it, it would be such an ease to just jot down notes and whatnot, and best of all, you'll get to show off :cool:

here's a link..take a look!

http://www.gateway.com/programs/convertible/index.shtml

Back
Top Bottom