Video Card Problems

jbs4life

Baseband Member
Ok, I just got a new video card today (ATI Radeon x700 Pro)

I installed it into the PC and then when I go to boot up my PC, the PC boots but no display comes on the monitor.

I have 350W and it only need 300W. I think I might need to update my drivers or BIOS or something. My motherboard manufacturer is at www.viaarena.com. And It said I should obtain and install the latest AGP drivers and installing the wrong AGP Motherboard/Chipset drivers may prevent me from successfully launching Windows.

I went to http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=420&OSID=1&CatID=1070 and downloaded the 04 January 2006 Version - 5.07A. Installed it etc. and it still doesn't work. I disabled my integrated card also. I've never installed anything on my PC before so I don't really know what to do.

On another page in the manual it says for No display at boot to Make certain the motherboard chipset drivers are installed and/or I may need to update my system BIOS. Which I have no idea how to do.

I just want to install my video card! I didn't think it would be this much of a hassle.

Any help I would appreciate greatly.

Thanks.

o0o0o BIOS is a tricky thing just give it a google, or go the the store you bought you graphics card from and get them to fix it for u. :D

same thing happened to me. you had to uninstall the old drivers and install the ati drivers and then disable the old drivers in the bios.

john123 said:
same thing happened to me. you had to uninstall the old drivers and install the ati drivers and then disable the old drivers in the bios.

What do you mean?

Uninstall the Integrated Video Card Drivers? And then disable it?

I haven't uninstalled the integrated card drivers but I have disabled it, and then when I do (keep in mind this is without the x700 pro in) and try go back and install the x700 the PC boots up but their is no display image. So I can't install any ATI drivers.

So I end up having to take out the x700 Pro to even get my PC to show an image. And then I have to go back and enable the integrated card.

Back
Top Bottom