Overclock program...

Toby1

Daemon Poster
Hey everyone,

Just wondering if any of you know of some good programs that will overclock my CPU for me, but that will also shut off the PC if temps get to hot or whatever?

Also, could I OC my Celeron from 2.8GhZ to 2.9 or 3.0 with stock fans and etc? Or would that be too risky? Or even worth it?

Thanks in advance.

Toby.

I heard the Clockgen is good , but first you need to make sure your bios isnt locked. Second check your temps before you OC download a program called Speedfan from google and post a screen from there we will know if you can go to the next step. Im preety sure going 200mhz wont hurt to much should be rather easy.

Thanks Dev,

I know the BIOS isn't looked, cause' I've been in there before and changed some stuff... As for posting a screen shot, wont be able to do that until tonight when I get home.

Do you also know a good program that gives pretty much all specs about your comp, I tried dxdiag and going to properties in my computer, but they are mising some stuff, I'm sure of it.

Once again, thanks for replying...

everest is a great program for that, they now charge for this program but u can find it if u google it, i advise against using a program to overclock its far better to do it from the bios

I'll look into Everest tonight... is Overclocking the CPU hard to do in the BIOS?

it's not hard, just difficult if you don't have much knowledge of it. but everest is very good. they have a trial version but you can't really access much of it's features at all, if you really want to overclock, then i would purchase everest...but only if you want to

Hmmm... maybe I'll read a sticky on here of how to do it through the BIOS and see how I go.

Yep, read that sticky its very helpful. Its not that hard to do just becarefuil make sure you read everything and you should be fine. But dont go doing anything with out checking the temps. And another good program to give you all the specs of your computer multi...fsb...core speed...volts ect is CPUZ...also download that, you can google CPUZ and the first website download it from there. It shows you everything you will need to know ur ram type mobo ect...Hope that helps

Overclocking is actually extremly simple. It's just a matter of raising the FSB a few numbers and presto, you have a higher frequency.

I suggest you get the program CPU-Z. Google for it and download it. Every good reviewing website uses the program CPU-Z. It will tell you EVERYTHING you need to know, for instance, your multiplier and FSB. Just take your FSB, multiply that with the multiplier, and out comes your new frequency, it takes away the 'guess and check' method when overclocking, and that, is good! :D

Back
Top Bottom