Browser Timeout

inbrino

Baseband Member
I use bittorrent a lot and emule etc, and I keep getting this problem.

Internet browser keeps timing out after I have been downloading for a few hours. However, I can still download and use msn etc.

Ive googled and tried loads of stuff to stop this. Its not a problem through firewall, spware, bugs, proxy, isp caps etc.

I have installed lvllords tcp patch to increase sp2 max connections and Ive heard that routers dont like too many connections.
I have tried loads of different p2p + bittorrent clients and used client options to lower max connections to 50 and global to 200. Will lowering connections even more effect download rates? And shouldnt my router be able to cope with this many connections anyway?

Im using a belkin f5d7632 wireless g router. I have updated firmware recently, this has had no effect as I still had problem with previous firmware.
Im using a laptop on wirless network.

Any help would be much appreciated!

You computer sounds like its getting bogged down and causing it to time out. I see this all the time, especialy when temp files havent been cleared out for a year or so.

IE has same problem.
My computer is clean. I am constantly running health checks and keeping it in good condition.
I really dont know what the problem is, other than my downloading seems to block internet access after a few hours.

a few torrents going at once will really slow a system down. If it happens after you start using certain programs then you know its related there. try contacting them to see if its a common problem

Back
Top Bottom