Size of sig

Just bare in mind, resolution matters.

When I use my "FireWire" box, it had 1280x1024 desktop res, my sig had 4 lines when I put it together, then later I got on a different pc that uses 1024x768 res, and wham, 7 lines.

So just remember, you could warn someone that thier sig needs to be 5 or less lines, and their res might show it as 5 or less, where someone elses will show it as more.

thebigdintx said:
I agree with you that a sticky would be good telling people about the 5 line maximum for their signatures, however, if you read my post carefully, I have just suggested an alternative, less confusing stickied locked thread with only one post in it telling people the info rather than this long two page discussion about it. I think that would make for a much better, more professional sticky.
Er, what use would a sticky be, if the thread was locked? :confused: am I missing a point here, do tell, stickies are so called because they cling, why cling to a closed thread???

He means, lock this, unsticky it, and let it go down the page. Create another thread, that for the title says ''5 Line Max For Sig''.

Maurice said:
Er, what use would a sticky be, if the thread was locked? :confused: am I missing a point here, do tell, stickies are so called because they cling, why cling to a closed thread???

Let me try to re-explain.....I suggest the following.....

1. Un-sticky and lock this thread so it goes away(or just delete it if you can).
2. Create a new sticky thread titled something like "Signature size is 5 lines maximum" which contains only one post in it explaining the policy.
3. Lock the newly created thread so that it remains with just the one post in it which gives people the information on the policy.

Also make it at the bottom of the sticky list, because, that makes it seen, because I never looked through the stickies. I just look where the threads start, and if it right above where the threads start, then, it will be seen more.

thebigdintx said:
Let me try to re-explain.....I suggest the following.....

1. Un-sticky and lock this thread so it goes away(or just delete it if you can).
2. Create a new sticky thread titled something like "Signature size is 5 lines maximum" which contains only one post in it explaining the policy.
3. Lock the newly created thread so that it remains with just the one post in it which gives people the information on the policy.

Look man, the guy's sick. Pretty bad infection if I may add. Give him a break. He's not at all feeling well this week.

Its not like be was being rude of obscene. Just trying to helpfull. So id say, let them battle it out :)

OK guys, thanks to all, no more advice please, in spite of all comments, I'm leaving things as they are, rightly or wrongly.

boy, i'm glad i spent the time and effort to try and clean the sticky area up to make it neater and less confrontational for the members to view. i don't think i'll be wasting my time anymore any time soon.

Back
Top Bottom