Screenshots, images etc

GlasseyeUK

Daemon Poster
Is there anyway of restricting the size of an image that someone posts, just my one moan, its damn annoying when someone posts a super large image and your strolling all over the gaff for it.

yeah, it is stupid when someone posts a huge oucture...especially when im on my laptop. i wish i had a scroll wheel

When most do a screen shot it's very large. There are programs out there for free that just take a second or two to resize a pic. Some do it to show every little detail of something. Some call it the ooo and ahh syndrome. I call it being lazy.

setishock said:
When most do a screen shot it's very large. There are programs out there for free that just take a second or two to resize a pic. Some do it to show every little detail of something. Some call it the ooo and ahh syndrome. I call it being lazy.

Can something not be done about it then, maybe add it to the rules or something.

In Photobucket for example, any image larger than 500kb is resized anyway, though, if its a jpeg, even a 1024x768 image might not take up that much.

I'd say the maximum size for it not to become annoying is 640x480 - 800x600. Anything higher than that can cause some problems with scaling, etc, on the post.

Well yes there is. But it requires a coding alteration.
This little handy dandy program is free and oh so simple to use.
http://www.etrusoft.com/graphic-converter/

As for adding that to the rules, most don't bother to read them in the first place.

At my place our guidelines have the page with multiple pics set to 350x350. And by using BB codes you can set them in a row. As for one pic on a page the max is 500x500.
But our members do this on thier own. The only time we let bigger go is when it's to get close up details of something the poster is trying to ask about or explain.
I personally think unless you use a pic to make clear a question or an answer to a question then unless you have a dedicated gallery they should not be randomly posted. But even then size rules should apply.

Yeah I had noticed that setis, was browsing your forum the other day,

I think this needs to be seriously considered it will make the whole site look neater, and more professional, at the moment it tends to knock it all out of whack, and loses its fluidity.

LOL ok I don't just like straight lines......

Back
Top Bottom