My montier is starting to hurt my eyes.. what to do?

i used to have a big bulky crt, now i have big bulky flat screen crt, lol. cheaper than getting a lcd!

Heh.. True. What about your eyes? They hurt from it? Right now im on mom's laptop, and it doesnt hurt my eyes at all...

Quinton McLeod said:

This is a common problem. I suggest you get another monitor... LCDs are excellent on the eyes, compared to CRTs...

There is something called Eye-strain that you can get from CRTs and they HURT. Basically what happens is you start to see multi-colored spots and you begin to loose focus on the screen. Followed by that is a nerve wrecking headache that lasts for about 30 minutes. That's evidence that you gotta change your CRT! I had that same problem and I had to get rid of my monitor quickly! So, almost immediately, I bought a new monitor.

Yeah, I've gotten that before from playing games all afternoon. :p LCD do help. If you can't afford a new monitor yet, try adjusting the contrast and brightness settings. Also, try to have some other form of lighting, such as desklights or something because it helps balance out the lighting.

ArrizX_MuziK said:
I checked out the LCD's, and such, and these are the cheapest widescreens (cause id want a widescree).
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Submit=ENE&N=2010190020+4018+1301919996&Subcategory=20&description=&srchInDesc=&minPrice=&maxPrice=

Or.. Would those also hurt my eyes?

It only has a VGA D-Sub?

This is a good monitor. It's 20.1" and widescreen. Pretty cheap price for what you get. :D I have that monitor and I personally recommend it.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824112176

That is nice. Although... I dont get to pay that much. My parents I doubt will get me it anyways.. So ill try and take dads crappy 19'' dell. Lol

I know what you mean though. In the past few days, my eyes are starting to see more flicker in this monitor which gave me a headache yesterday. I don't know if that means my eyes are getting worse, or what, but the monitor says 70hz...

I never saw flicker with that refresh rate before, or at least didn't notice it.

I can't bare anything below 75Hz, if i'm forced to 60Hz, I almost refuse to use it..

I run my 19" AOC CRT monitor at 85Hz, no flicker, I can see it at 75Hz or less, though.
My dad's 17" Realsync LCD with 16ms is really nice on the eyes, awesome workstation material there..not too shabby for games, either.

Random sentance with no relevance - Kage, you have 5,555 posts :p

Yeah I know :p

As for 60hz. I'm the same. I can tell people straight away if their running their monitor at 60hz or higher.

Back
Top Bottom