why cant i get a higher overclock?

its probably your memory controller crapping out and not willing to go above 250HTT. You might have to tweak the memory settings and such.

Yeah, I've been having problems as well. I can't hit 3 GHz no matter what I try. I've even put my memory down to like 180 MHz with the FSB at 280 with a divider, about 1.5 volts into my Opteron... It won't stay stable at all. Temperatures are fine.

Wow you guys complain about not getting to 2.8GHz with a freaking 3200?? Dude, I can't get past 2.672GHz with my 3500 venice, and I have 4 fans on the thing! :mad:

Jamxx, put in 1.55V. Pump more voltage into your cpus guys! Come on. Im pumping 1.85V into my AXP.

Okay, that's as high as my motherboard goes... But I'll definitely try it. Also, since I have a 24-pin PSU and motherboard, that has an added temperature sensor, right? Because I found a new temperature on SpeedFan, and it jumps when my computer goes into load. That's the PSU, right?

ya my motherboard also only goes up to 1.55v but looking at the review i posted they did it with less so i dont know what the problem is, ownage u say its the memory controller, what can i do to fix that then?

not all chips will overclock like another. Its the luck of the draw. The memory controller is unfortunately a hardware issue. There is nothing you can do to fix it. Whatever your memory controller feels what its max is, thats it. You cant get anymore out of it.

Yeha, it's all about the silicon that goes into the chip... so don't expect the same results for the same cpu... seriously...

Back
Top Bottom