Computer shutting down automatically

kickisaacout

Beta member
I need some help. Very recently my computer has started to shut off randomly without any sort of warning. It doesnt go through the whole Windows shut down process, I'm just here using my computer and then suddenly, POOF, my computer shuts off. Is it an overheating problem? Virus? Something I should be very worried about?

I use a Compaq Presario with Windows XP.

Uhh, im preety sure thats overheating. What are your system spec? To check you temps download a program called "SpeeFan" google it and you will find it please post the temps from there we will know if its overheating or not. you said it mite be a virus did you run a virus scan ?

My system specs:

System: Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002, Service Pack 1
Processor: Pentium 4, 2.40 GHz
248 MB of RAM

I installed SpeedFan, and the temps I got:

Temp1: 97C
Temp2: 61C
HD0: 32C

...yeah, thats pretty hot.

Dude those things are bad...dont turn ur comp on anymore turn it off..but some fans...or your gonna fry it...!!!!!!!

Okay, according to SpeedFan apparently I have two fans... one working at 3261 RPM and one thats... well.. not working (its at 0 RPM). I know I'm gonna need to replace it, but the thing is, how do I know which one is the one that isnt working?

look inside the computer which isnt working...by the looks of the temps...I think it might be the HEATSINK...which in that case TURN YOUR COMPUTER OFFF!!!! ...if ur on it rite now you mite be killing its life span

Back
Top Bottom