Just ditched windows today...

malbuc87uk said:
I
Linux + laptop = disaster, is the impression I get. Fine for desktop or server though.
I'm running ubuntu on my laptop and it works great :D

You have to install Windows first, then a version of Linux. The reason is because of the boot-loader, which you need GRUB or LILO for Linux, and these will also boot Windows. I ran into an issue with my desktop trying to dual boot. Used partition magic, shortened the hard drive, went to install Mephis, and ended up having to reimage my computer with the latest backup image. I'm not sure what happened. The boot screen would come up, show the OSs, and if I chose Mephis, it would just look at me- no errors or anything. It was strange- I will be trying again soon.

I'm not a gamer, but I do believe most games out there are developed for Windows- so it would be a good idea to dual-boot. I'm sure they have games for the Linux OS, just don't know of any- like I said, I'm not a gamer, so idk.
Sorry I couldn't answer that better for you:)

if you want to dual boot without any problems use hyper os this letts you install as many different os systems as you want and you can drag and drop win os systems to other partions without the need to keep installing. Also you can swap from os to os from windows.great peice of kit

Hackslayer said:
so you can run windose and linix?

you can run any operating system and any amount of operating systems you want. the software is not cheap but if you want pm me well talk more

Back
Top Bottom