I'm pi**ed

I did that before but themes are enabled because I get that other greyaero basic theme and not glass.

Did they increase the requirement for glass in the new builds or something?

Yeah, im not sure if Im looking forward to it, I mean your pc needs to be really really good.

The only thing right now causing me problems is my video card for vista, They say you need a card with 64mb or more that is directx 9 compatible but theres still problems.

Yeah, like I said, no card of today is capable of running Viesta at full speed. It uses hardware rendering, rather than what its used to at the moment.

joxley1990 said:
Yeah, im not sure if Im looking forward to it, I mean your pc needs to be really really good.

yup...i'm going to stay with XP for quite a while after Vista is released. There's really not too much I'll need from Vista, I'm just going to play games on it. Except Halo 2... :rolleyes:

When Viesta is released, you'll find new cards will come out capable of running Viesta properly.

Cards of now will run it (like the 7800, etc) but just like with rendering on 3d programs, it won't boost them, unlike the cards with the added hardware will when its released.

You'll find the processor is what will save you at the moment with Viesta until then, but you still won't be able to run with high visual effects.

Vista is just a resource hog.

How do I know this, from the Vista BETA 2 DVD our school got. Solitaire, of all the freakin' programs, used up 48MB of memory! :eek: Now, why in the world should SOLITAIRE use up that much memory? Answer, it's a resource hog.

The system requirements are high for a reason, because so much useless crap is in it!!! Stick with XP, no need to get Vista, just a waste of money...:rolleyes:

Older cards will run it fine, but you won't be able to run the high visual effects as well.
Having a good processor/RAM etc will help push it along, until the newer cards come out that support the new windows interface.

As for Solitare taking up that much memory, it is a Beta, and nothing is ever perfect in Beta. It might have to take up more memory for the effects, or whatever used.

I bet for instance the Solitare you used was 3D. Meaning it was probably running on the same interface Viesta uses, since it wouldn't have been a seperate 3D program.

Thats my guess.

1337DuD3 said:
Vista is just a resource hog.

How do I know this, from the Vista BETA 2 DVD our school got. Solitaire, of all the freakin' programs, used up 48MB of memory! :eek: Now, why in the world should SOLITAIRE use up that much memory? Answer, it's a resource hog.

The system requirements are high for a reason, because so much useless crap is in it!!! Stick with XP, no need to get Vista, just a waste of money...:rolleyes:

Actually the programs like solitaire have been redone so they can take advantage of the new graphics capabilities in vista so they use up more memory that way, also as many of you already said its still beta and they havnt optimized it yet.

Back
Top Bottom