Is it true?

I know that. But I dont think it is possible. This lappy is a desktop replacement. 17in screen, 512 ram, all that goos stuff. Its build like a pc. its a hulking thing. So, as its running a desktop processor, im sure its got a desktop mobo, with the desktop bios. All locked from hp.

Overclocking a Laptop is stupid. There's almost no way to keep the processor directly cooled. You'll fry the inside of your Laptop and drain your battery so fast it's not even funny

ArrizX_MuziK said:
I know that. But I dont think it is possible. This lappy is a desktop replacement. 17in screen, 512 ram, all that goos stuff. Its build like a pc. its a hulking thing. So, as its running a desktop processor, im sure its got a desktop mobo, with the desktop bios. All locked from hp.
a desktop mobo wont fit inside

Quinton McLeod said:

Overclocking a Laptop is stupid. There's almost no way to keep the processor directly cooled. You'll fry the inside of your Laptop and drain your battery so fast it's not even funny

Exactly, with a laptop with those kind of Specs, it would have cost a lot and there is no way I would take that risk. If anything you would probably lose performance because of heat buildup.

Quinton McLeod said:

Exactly. Overclocking a lappy is so stupid. The heat it would generate is crazy, you'd probably melt an important PC componet and effectivly kill the lappy.

Arrizx, I STRONGLY advise against overclocking a lap top. If your friend did OC his lappy, tell him to undue the OC right away, it's an accident waiting to happen. :eek:

yeah, i don't get it...who is he? he's lying thats not how to do it...yeah you guys are right..that laptop would go on fire, blow up, go into cardiac arrest, slip into a coma, have a seizure, have a heart attack, and i'm not sure what will go on from there

1337DuD3 said:
Exactly. Overclocking a lappy is so stupid. The heat it would generate is crazy, you'd probably melt an important PC componet and effectivly kill the lappy.

Arrizx, I STRONGLY advise against overclocking a lap top. If your friend did OC his lappy, tell him to undue the OC right away, it's an accident waiting to happen. :eek:

Its possible to keep a P-M under control when overclocking it in a lappy. Just change out the fan for a higher CFM fan. And pin mod that P-M. Its possible, P-Ms are cool running cpus. Faster than any AMD in super-pi :D

But im still lost, on how it happend! I know not to do it, although its not even my laptop! But HOW?

lol..

Back
Top Bottom