ATi video card in a nForce motherboard

Yes. The only thing you can't do it CrossFire them, because the MB uses the nForce 4 SLI chipset, and the ATI cards need the Xpress 200 chipset.

okay. thanks. cuz im thinking of buying a board that supports sli, so when i get rid of my ati card, i can sli some nvidias

oh, also. how fast does crossfire go? like does it use full bandwidth?

SLI now has True x16, which makes both cards run at Full PCI-Exprees x16 speeds, as oppossed to one card being x16 and the other at x8. However! :D ATI has way more options when you link both GPUs together. Such a mode would be SuperTiling, in which each card processes a certain area of the screen, or Super Anti-aliasing, Alternate Frame Rendering, Scissor, and another mode I believe. When it comes to dual-GPUs, ATI is king.

Just look at my rig, ATI X800 graphics card and a nvidia nforce 4 ultra mobo. Works very well.

1337DuD3 said:
SLI now has True x16, which makes both cards run at Full PCI-Exprees x16 speeds, as oppossed to one card being x16 and the other at x8. However! :D ATI has way more options when you link both GPUs together. Such a mode would be SuperTiling, in which each card processes a certain area of the screen, or Super Anti-aliasing, Alternate Frame Rendering, Scissor, and another mode I believe. When it comes to dual-GPUs, ATI is king.
wow!

Not to mention, some ATI video cards have integrated CrossFire support in them. Meaning you don't have to buy the Master Card. Or at least that's what I was gathering from reading an hours worth of articles and reviews.

ya im read ur crossfire thread. and im liking what im hearing about crossfire. but when im browsing newegg, what do i look for to know which cards have integrated cfire support

Back
Top Bottom