Why not to steal a laptop...

Hrm, even the threat of transponder would get me moving to turn the computer in. Then you add up the acadmic threat with youknow crimial charges and stuff.

Yeah! You never know what is on someones computer, I always ask if I can use someones computer, and insist and having my own account, or using powerguest account.

Personally I think the teacher is just using scare tactics to get the guy to come forward. I think if he told the companies their 100M dollar file was in the posession of a college student there'd be police everywhere and lawyers up that kid's ass.

I don't think they'd be like. Oh let us chance you getting our data back. If they knew who he was, he'd never go to college again and he'd probably already be arrested.

I wish I knew someone with a laptop to steal XP jk, I wouldnt steal, never stolen in my life

The Power said:
Weren't you asked to stop making threads??

Well anyway, what does it have to do with a lap top??

And that was some seirous ownage right there.
not to stop making threads just to slow down...which i have!!! ;)

also do laptops have transponders like that, can MS actually track that?

ahahahhaahah!
I know of software that you can use that runs in the background that if you report the computer stolen the background program activates when it is connected to the internet and sends data of the location of the laptop.

This is why we don't steal laptops. :p

But, the guy probably could have gotten away with it if he would have removed the lappy hard drive, then connected it to another PC, copied the files from the lappy hard drive onto a new hard drive, then reformat the lappy hard drive, and presto, test exam copied, lappy hard drive reformatted, you're good to go.

But of course, he didn't do jack diddly to cover his arse. Oh well. Why he didn't just use a floppy and copy the exam is beyond me...:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom