Should I quit?

The Amish Kid

Fully Optimized
I would like to know your guys opinions on this.

Well I have a paper route because it is the only way a 14 year old can make money around here. Well Im thinking about giving it up because its been causing me a lot of stress lately. Firstly I make MAYBE $150 a month if I get good tips. That may seem like okay but when it takes me like an hour and a half every day and two on sundays. Thats about $3.30 an hour. Also whenever I want to go away on the weekend or do anything really I cant because I have to be home to do my paper route. Then you have the really bitchy old people where if there paper is over 15minutes late they call me and start complaining.

This may not seem like a big deal to some people but I really enjoy having the money to spend it on computer parts or whatever but now it has just become a big hassle. So what do you guys think is it worth the money?

i know what you feel like i do one with my bro's i mean i only get $30 for a week..and i dam hate putting them in plastic. Anyway i think it is worth it for now but i am going to get a part time job at Mc Donalds or KFC or somthing get paid alot more. :D i like money! lol

I don't have a part-time job, but I do get £30 a week just for going to college. It's called the Education Maintenance Allowance and, providing you have 100% attendence every week, the money goes into your bank account.

Anyway, I've always had a different outlook on life than most people, I don't care about money! I like having fun. That's why I haven't been paid my EMA since October, becuase I'd rather skip a lesson or two and have fun!

If it's stressing you out, quit, and enjoy yourself.

You're still young so work hard, enjoy the money but do well in school at the same time too.

I worked when I was 16 (going to high school) and the money I got (although not much), was great. I can buy what I want. From my view, keep the job. Two hours a day is nothing compared to the hours some of us work. If you like spending money, then keep the job.

If this very early in the morning, I would say quit. Unless money is of desire to you then keep on doing it. Because it adds up.

Ok, for one thing, you shouldn't be complaining! You have to work, OMFG, TWO HORUS!!! And to do what, bag some papers and throw them? Easist job ever, PLUS you get $150 a month on average.

You want to do somethign else liek work in a fast food restruarant? Ok, but be prepared to actually, WORK. Oh and working in a fast food restuarant isn't exactly as easy as most would think. First off, if you're not quick, then forget it. Next, you WILL burn yourself, many many many times. Not to mention, it takes roughly two months for you to really get some hours in. PLUS! :D You'll only be working 3 hours a day maybe 3 times a week. So, you'll pull in about $250 BEFORE taxes. And since you're completely dependent, don't have a souse, expect all that money to get sucked right out of your pay check! Ahhh the beauty of taxes!

So, you'll still end up making roughly $150 dollars anyways, for about one-third the amount of work, and minus the burns and yelling you'll get for being slow, why not keep your paper boy job? That is unless, you want the government to suck all your money from taxes, get burned, oh and work very little hours. Go right ahead...I hear McDonald's is hiring...:rolleyes:

The Amish Kid said:
I would like to know your guys opinions on this.

Well I have a paper route because it is the only way a 14 year old can make money around here. Well Im thinking about giving it up because its been causing me a lot of stress lately. Firstly I make MAYBE $150 a month if I get good tips. That may seem like okay but when it takes me like an hour and a half every day and two on sundays. Thats about $3.30 an hour. Also whenever I want to go away on the weekend or do anything really I cant because I have to be home to do my paper route. Then you have the really bitchy old people where if there paper is over 15minutes late they call me and start complaining.

This may not seem like a big deal to some people but I really enjoy having the money to spend it on computer parts or whatever but now it has just become a big hassle. So what do you guys think is it worth the money?

I could make better money finding it on the ground and I'm 15. Stick to school and get a job as soon as you can. Will suck to have a job though because any social life you have or girlfriend/boyfriend (for any girls) gets kinda restricted.

HRHunteRHR said:
I could make better money finding it on the ground and I'm 15. Stick to school and get a job as soon as you can. Will suck to have a job though because any social life you have or girlfriend/boyfriend (for any girls) gets kinda restricted.

That's true. After about two months working a real job, you get scheduled more and more, often only getting two days off at a time. So your social life kind of cease to exsist. But, if you want money, and you want to have experience for furture higher paying jobs, then that's what you got to do. Lifes tough sometimes, but oh well. :)

Well.. Work somewhere easy. Like a gym. Because all you do is hand out towels, check people in, and mediate the place. Easy job. Thats where im going to be working this summer. And ill be working full days, and just over $8

1337DuD3 said:
Ok, for one thing, you shouldn't be complaining! You have to work, OMFG, TWO HORUS!!! And to do what, bag some papers and throw them? Easist job ever, PLUS you get $150 a month on average.

AMEN

Not to mention that you have an NES game that is based after your occupation. I don't think that Cubicle Hunter would sell well, or Sexual Harassment: The Game would be all that enthralling

I mean your 14. You have plenty of time to be tied down by a job, being told what to do for those 8 hours of your life. Seriously, enjoy your childhood while you still can, becuase pretty soon your older and you regret not doing all the crap that a kid should do.

Besides, if you need cash, just grab your parents credit card and buy in very small quantites :)

Back
Top Bottom