Compressed nitrogen

allenn812

Daemon Poster
I know this might seem like a dumb question, but is it safe to use compressed nitrogen instead of compressed air to clean the inside of your computer?

Yes, its not flamable. Its widely used as a drying agent when purging pressurized Communications lines. It is very dry and absorbs moisture. Some guys even use it in thier PCP air rifles rather than use divers qualty pressurized air.

yea, hydrogen is extremely explosive, one reason it hasnt been used in cars yet (if there was an accident it would cause a chain reaction until every car in the area was blow up) but i have used compressed air, barely any pressure tho, just enough to blow the dust off

My dad uses it at work, and he says it works much better than compressed air. But im not sure if its oke with computers.

NemesiS_1122 said:
yea, hydrogen is extremely explosive, one reason it hasnt been used in cars yet (if there was an accident it would cause a chain reaction until every car in the area was blow up) but i have used compressed air, barely any pressure tho, just enough to blow the dust off

You're clearly misinformed my friend. Hydrogen is actually just as combustable as gasoline is. Infact, it's a more effient and cleaner fuel source then gasoline is. Why don't people use Hydrogen? Well remember that giant blimp called the Hindonburge? (sp?) Kind of freaks people out, plus makes them think it's an extremly, often over exageratted, combustable fuel. When in reality you have the exact same combustable fuel in your car, for sale at $2.00 a gallon at Texaco. Funny huh?

Anywho, just used compressed air, an air compressor will shoot dust out so quick and effectivly it's crazy. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom