iTunes sell 1,000,000,000 songs, but...

The only thing keeping DRM alive is the fact that MP3 players support it. Well...some do.

I'd much prefer to buy a single or an album, and rip it using Windows Media Player and copy it onto my MP3 player for my listening pleasure, not having to worry about the DRM protection messing it up.

When downloading becomes easier, and all the different formats used, like Itunes uses a different one to lets say Napster, is sorted, they'll be alot better to use, and I may start using them then.

Kewl, and I agree with this:

"Some digital media content publishers claim DRM technologies are necessary to prevent revenue loss due to illegal duplication of their copyrighted works. However, others argue that transferring control of the use of media from consumers to a consolidated media industry will lead to loss of existing user rights and stifle innovation in software and cultural productions."

Thankfully I do not download ANYTHING illegally. I don't have a single song, movie, or anythign else on my computer. Plus, d/ling somethign from a p2p is a tad bit risky. TO many viruses and worms out there. Why risk it? Just stay clean and don't download that crap, there's WMP Media Guide, let's you listen to all the songs you want to when you want to, and, legally. :)

As for iTunes. Who cares. It just means Aplle is making more money from people who want songs on MP3 players. Nothing big.

What they should really keep count of is how many Macs they've sold with Intel processors in them. I suspect that 1,000,000,000 number to drop down to like, 10,000. :D

Well, macs are not for gaming so why would they need intel? If you were directing the sell drop because of the switch to intel chips than yeah.

But the windows media guide is not permanent and sometimes the sources arent good. It is ok.

Back
Top Bottom