Fed up of my flaming parents.

mark thorpe said:
i have to pay £140 a month, but ive got a full time job... before your 18, you shouldnt have to pay housekeeping IMO

i feel sorry for you...

more than just your opinion. government's opinion aswell

GlasseyeUK said:
If you are in the UK, then your parents will be receiving child benefit, and also may get child tax benefit if they are eligible to receive it, this is supposed to support with costs of having a child.

That does seem a bit high, I always paid some contribution but that was because I was earning quite a lot in those days. Have you tried talking reasonably with them, telling them how you feel?

Ive tried, hard at the moment. Things going on with other family members, we got one alcoholic/smoker, one gambler, and one with MS.

Yeah, have a talk with them. As for the computer taking up alot of power.

Have they got a radio or something with an AMP and speakers? That probably takes up more... Plus even if you have a 420Watt supply or something. Its only taking out what the computers using.

Thats gay. Also a PC PSU uses only as much powe ras the PC demands. If you turn off you rmointors that says 75 watts easy, and demanding your PC maxium is 700 watts and taht isnt even constant. Most likely one pc will use about 300. Thats a higher end one too.

I know, it sucks. They have their own computers, two plasmas downstairs, radios, hi-fi (big one) - and my dad has tonnes of stuff in his garage.

I cant wait until I can move out to go and live with ma bro. We got a flat in glasgow waiting for us. Its ours, we pay 50 a month for it because his mate is the tennant. I wish I could move there now, but I have to think of school and college.

Yeah, their equipment will use alot more than yours. They obviously think different because its a computer and it obviously takes up more power *sarcastic*

That'll be kewl.

Wow, that is very, very odd. Hmmm. Doesn't sound like good parents to me. Especially with you being 15 and all. Maybe they're tight on money or something?

They should take there plasma screen and Hifi away then...can't be that short on money...

Back
Top Bottom