iTunes sell 1,000,000,000 songs, but...

Tons and tons and tons more I assure you. But I got a feeling in like 4 or 5 years illegal Dling won't be so common.

Yeah, though to make that happen completly, they'll have to get rid of DRM...

Yeah, DRM is really what prevents pirating and illegal downloading from completely blooming.

DRM basically protects the files from being ported over to other devices/cd's etc.

Its really annoying, and so without special software on an MP3 player for instance, you acan't play files you've downloaded. Luckily alot of MP3 players support DRM, but it still leaks power from devices, etc getting the licences.

They need to quit that to be honest. Its not illegal to want to have your music with you. They shouldn't restrict you just because you might send it to mates, etc (which wouldn't work with DRM)

Most liekyl better i'd say. And really DRM doesn't really stop poeple. Anybody that wants anything nowadays software or music wise what be it and knows the right poeple will get it. Need to activitely track, and jail those poeple. Example XP secuity update made it harder to crack it and use a illegal copy. Well within about 6 hours of the release. There was a crack for it... To really stop DRM theyh need to go to real life law action. But the best never will get caught if they stay smart.

Back
Top Bottom