Computer magazines..

geek_gal

Daemon Poster
Do you get them, Computer magazines?
And how often?
And do you think there pricing is fair?

I was thinking of getting them again, but..(mini story..uh-o :p )

In Aust, where i em some are quite dear-ish some are even $15.00 and by the time i got one of the $15 ones then other $10 ish dollar ones it turned out to be a bit of money, not sure if thats just me, that im poorish or whatever but somtimes it quite dearish,
I use to get them quite a bit, i enjoyed getting them but with the price and then there was too much choice in looking at the newsagents and so many names, and what programs, games etc you get like as a demo it was hard :\
Also to add to that i read them in like one day :\ so i was over it unless it had something really good in there and handy to read up again on it(like eg building computers) but mostly hard the products, program info that really you learn about it, its really 'basic' sometimes.. But yeah

About you?

oh, thats expensive
I subscribe to PC mag. I signed up for one of their special offers...$50 for 50 issues. thats not bad.

I read CPU, it helps keep me upto date on gaming parts and what not.. it's fairly good. I get one once a month and I have a 2 year sub.

Chris

Yeah, some magazines like PC Format are expensive, and you don't want most if not all thats on the disk.

I quite like Custom PC. Its rather cheap, and offers some good reviews of components, plus some good news of whats coming out, and also a few extras like how things in PC's work, etc. They don't go into too much detail which is good, but you feel like you are gaining ALOT of knowledge.

Don't buy mags off a newsrack. Buy a sub much much cheaper. I got a few mags that had helpful tips and all. But never subricibe to one.

^^^ what he said. But I'm not renewing. I get far too much info off the Net than a magazine. Plus, I don't have the storage to keep them all.

Thats true also. After you read them, you don't really go back to them unless your really bored.

I do tend to read some back issues of Custom PC though, as it has things like...well one I've been re-reading has how 3D cards work. I find that interesting.

Back
Top Bottom