ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (256mb)

nstepho

In Runtime
I thought about getting this card, because it seems good, and I don't want to spend over AU$200 so I'll most likely be buying from eBay. Is it any good? Also, will it run with a 340w PSU?

I have the 128MB version, and it does run new games, but not at high resoloutions or full quality settings.

Doom 3, I get around 50fps at 800x600 with High quality settings. On Half life 2, I get around the same.

But if you got the card, don't expect to be able to place the resoloution up very high. The card just won't cope after a while. Its getting old you see. but with the latest games (or at least some), you can get okay frame rates.

FEAR for example, I get about 25-25fps at high settings which is pushing it a bit.

Your best bet to me is to go for a Geforce 6600GT or 6800 if you can get hold of one for cheap :) Those will run games MUCH better.

i reakon that Asus Etreme N7800 GTX. :D verrrrry good card. Truly is a very good card. Not sure how much it costs though. just do a bit of Google and you may find out. :D

I'd presume so yes. but it depends on the rest of your specs. the 6600GT is alot better than the 9800PRo though, and the 6800 is a bit better than the 6600GT.

If you could afford more, you could up the 6800 to a GT or Ultra version, etc.

id get a geforce 6800 GS cause i got one and it is working great. Call of Duty 2 looks awsome

I'd suggest a Geforce 6600GT would be perfect for you then, as it'd play all those games in great detail/res's.

If you wanted more future proofing though, the Geforce 6800 would of course be your best bet. One of those styles, GT, Ultra, etc.

Theres standard you see, then GT, and then Ultra I believe.

I'd say to get a 6600GT

RiverS said:
i reakon that Asus Etreme N7800 GTX. :D verrrrry good card. Truly is a very good card. Not sure how much it costs though. just do a bit of Google and you may find out. :D

And you're talking PCi-E and we're talking of AGP

Back
Top Bottom