why are ipods so popular?

Haha, not good for someone with about 2,000 then :p Thats not including the MODS i'll have to convert :p

I'll have to find about a week to do that. I have about 2,000 MODS,
and if I have to convert each one by recording and then exporting as MP3...ouch.

Its a shame MP3 players cant be made to play them.

Gym - megadrive, etc
mod,
XM, etc :p

Wrong! Creative was the first company to produce the hard drive based MP3 player
Actually I knew that I got this wrong.. creative made the first HDD mps player... but you could have probably built houses with that thing...it wasn't nice... and the storag capacity was very limited...

finally someone who agrees with me. who wants 20000 songs around with them at one time? who wants a plain boring square mp3 player? i would rather buy a cheap 1gb mp3 usb stick which is what i have and does the job perfectly or if they want 20000 then why not get a creative zen or something that looks decent
I have a 1GB Ipod Shuffle, (I didn't buy it it was given to me as a leaving present at the last place I worked).

I have some 15GB of stuff on my computer, -pretty much nothing is illegally downloaded, so I've liked everything that it on there enough to have gone out and bought it...
I only really use my Ipod (mp3 player) either at the gym, or when I'm driving using a tape adapter...
and I don't want to have to update my player twice a week, or every other day with a new play list just because I want to be able to access more of the songs I like...

also bear in mind that the original Ipod was (for a while) the largest self powered portable hard drive that money could reasonably buy.

the only plus side to the Ipod shuffle (and other USB stick based items) is that they charge via the USB -though sometime it's be ince to be able to change the battery or be able to carry a spare battery, and they are light enough that when(if) they fall out of your pockets that they hang from the headphone wire without yanking the phones out of your ears!!

root said:
Actually I knew that I got this wrong.. creative made the first HDD mps player... but you could have probably built houses with that thing...it wasn't nice... and the storag capacity was very limited...

Haha, yeah I know. They still made the first one though. :p

Yeah, Creative players are Windows only. The only reason why Apple had to make the iPod and iTunes work for Windows was because the majority of the industry is Windows. Linux and Mac OS's make up a very small percentage of the whole thing. It would be ignorant and stubborn for Steve Jobs not to open up to the biggest section of the pie.

I have this theory that everyone who doesn't have one hates them. And it's true. I didn't have one and I always said "iPods suck". I got one, and of course I use it every day :p

I've had experience with them.
Got to say, I was really dissapointed.

But then again, I'm a perfectionist with everything, so not even Creative offers the best in terms of features, etc...
No player out in the market today would be perfect for me. Its just choosing the best one...

Yeah, all products have cons, anyone who says there is no cons is usually lying, doesn't test products right, or they are a fanboy of the company and don't want to admit flaws.

Many people don't like Creatives because they are ugly, navigation can be a little difficult, and kind of fat. Well, it is fat for a reason, strength and more battery.

07mackenzie, I agree with you that people who don't use ipods hate them. Or maybe they can't afford it. I think the same way about people who use Macs. They don't like windows so they use something else.

Actually, I like Creative, but they do have alot of flaws, but I like the look of the new Zen Vision M. That looks great, even if it is a bit thicker.

As for battery though, it only has a tad bit more life - about 2 hours. The hard drive is just thicker than on ipod :(

i'd want to fit a bigger battery, but I don't think theres enough room (None removable, but theres a page on the net of how to open it, and you can change the battery later in life)

Back
Top Bottom