HELP Bought ATX Computer Case And Comp Doesn't Turn On!!!

NeMMeN

Baseband Member
Ok. I've plugged in the H.D.D L.E.D to the motherboard and etc.. in the correct places and it brings some extra stuff but didnt bother to connect it anywhere because I didnt know where to and didn't wanna mess anything up. I have a ECS Motherboard and I wanted to know if that was the problem...i have a pretty old motherboard socket 423 (sucks). Can anyone please help me or at least try????? :(

have you pluged in all of the power suplies ect?
are you getting anything lighting up on the mobo, i.e a small green light.
you need to go into more details.
woz

No im not getting any light from the mobo. I put the power supply to 230v and I hear a sound its very faint though like its powering up but no lights come on and when its on 115v nothing happens at all..

You definetly put the power switch in the right place, just mix and match with that for now, and when you are certain that is in the right place, put the others in.

It has a front panel with a USB Port, Mic, and Audio and all that brought extra wires that say Ground, -D, +D, etc...and on the other set of wires it says Mic In, Mic Bias etc... and I don't know where to plug those in, but everything else I know I put in right

Put the PS switch in the 115V position and leave it there. Are there any fans running when the computer is turned on? Does the hard drive run when you have the PC turned on, or do any lights on the keyboard or front of the computer blink or anything when you turn the PC on/off. Did youn turn PC on without a cpu heat sink on it? Be sure you have power on the ac outlet you are using. Have you got the on/off switch connected.Tell us what you've got pluged in, both signal lines and power.

bill gisse is correct, you need the 115v setting.
you could well have damaged your computer by switching it to 230v.
woz

When I put it on 115v nothing at all happens no sound no anything its just dead. I didnt remove anything from the mobo just transferred it from my old case to the new one
and plugged in the HDD LED, POWER SW, RESET, and POWER LED...

Any chance you zapped the mobo or something else with a static charge, like from a plastic seat on a chair or a rug or plastic slippers. Did you use a wrist strap connected to the PC frame when handleling your components. When I work I use a wrist strap connected to PC frame. The wrist straps haxe a 1 meg ohm or larrger resistor in stalled in series in the line to prorect you from shocks. I leave my PC pluged in because it provides me a connection to the house grounding system. I also work barefooted ( Inn dinning room only) to because I work on the dinnng room table and we have laminated floors there. Here in the living room where the computers are located we have carpeting . Question. Is thst case a used one with power supply or did you transfer you old PS to the new case? Do you have access to a computer PS tester or a decent digital mulimeter, you may have to make some voltage measurements.

I'm long retired from radio/electronics so I feel comfortable after having been shocked countless times over the years. Wife says I've fried my brains.

How about plugging the power button? Oh and...some switches with the +5V and ground may not be together. One can be at pin 1 and the other at pin 3

Back
Top Bottom