Civil War

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
What do you think we should do if Iraq were to break into civil war? Myself i'd say we'd move out of the country and take a netural stance on the war and tell the Iraqi poeple its a internal issue, fight it out winner takes all. THere is a lot of fears of civil war in Iraq right now. I feel we should let it happen, the government will sort itself out.

I agree that a Civil War should not have any interference. During the Civil War in America, the Union (who was favored) was worried that British or French troops would ally with the Confederacy. If that HAD happened, the entire outcome of the globe would be different.

Unfortunetely, with all the "progress" in Iraq, it's just going to become more screwed up than it is now, which is already more screwed up then it was before the "liberation". If one tribe were to conquer the other (Sunni or Shiite), the "government" would sort itself out. However, that would result in genocide.

And a civil war has been going on in Iraq for a few years now; only after the bombing of the holiest mosque did it get any media play.

Peace sells... but who's buying.

I agree, one thing we should not interfer with is civil war. If it where to accor we tell the Iraqi government we will not fight for them or aganist them and this is there problem. And the british and such did help the South a lot. The british had economic intersets in the south especially georgia. They wanted there cotton, georgia produced teh most. So they would help behind the scenes but it really did little to no good. Thiink we will take the stance. As one ugy said from the military if it erupts in a large scale civil war our only duties will be to ensure outside forgein countries do not interfer.

Maybe we should look at the intrests of both sides though. What if the winner of the civil war will terrorize neighboring countries and threaten us by breeding, raising, and training terrorists and equiping them to do things against other countries. We would just have to go in there again and take the leader out. So I think it's in our best intrest to make sure everything we worked for so far wouldn't be in jepoardy. Otherwise what did those men die in the desert for? So someone else can take the country and do the same thing?

Maybe we should look at the intrests of both sides though. What if the winner of the civil war will terrorize neighboring countries and threaten us by breeding, raising, and training terrorists and equiping them to do things against other countries. We would just have to go in there again and take the leader out. So I think it's in our best intrest to make sure everything we worked for so far wouldn't be in jepoardy. Otherwise what did those men die in the desert for? So someone else can take the country and do the same thing?

Who said they'd do that. Personnally I could see the kurds staying out but the sintes and sunies just want there part of the government. Don't see why they don't just spiult the country up into 3. Kurds, Sunnies, Sunities. Don't think we should get involed. I mean I personnally would make heavy use of speacial forces if I were bush if that would come to pass. See no reason to invade a country or such when your america. Send in a group of rangers take out the popele you need to take out and get ut if it fails do it again. But as lon g as we are there poeple may be too scared to attempt a civil war thinking America would back up the governmental side.

Back
Top Bottom