Video Card Suggestions

well if you have an SLI mobo then get 2 cards, if not, a 6800 GT should handle doom3 on high settings, or a 7800 or 7800gtx

1337dud3, that totally deserves to be a sticky.

And I think Crossfire (ATI's eqivalent of SLI) is better than SLI because I think you don't need the same identical cards. LIke you can have an X800 and an X1900XT and they would still be in crossfire unlike SLI which will need dual 7800s or dual 6800s.

nope, you need identical cards for crossfire, you just need a master card. For instance, you want to crossfire x1900XTs. You need a x1900XT master card, and an X1900XT.

ownage said:
the 7800GTX is better than the GT. Get the GTX, you wont regret it.
Is it worth the extra $100? Remember, all I'm looking for is playing F.E.A.R. and Doom 3 at highest settings. Can the GT handle it perfectly well?

ownage said:
nope, you need identical cards for crossfire, you just need a master card. For instance, you want to crossfire x1900XTs. You need a x1900XT master card, and an X1900XT.

Is the mastercard equivalent to the bridge that comes with an SLI motherboard that connects the video cards??

Also, I think a gt would be fine for high settings. Sure the GTX is better but The nVidia 7 series is the most up to date one so the GT will be fine for F.E.A.R. (which I hear is a not such a great game and overrated). And also, I think Doom 3 sucked. But thats my opinion.

the thing is that Nvidia got smarter. They laser cut the pipes on the GT so it is IMPOSSIBLE to unlock, unlike the 6800 vanillas. But IMO the GTX is worth it if you want to keep your computer for a while. If not, get the Gt.

ude be best off getting a 7800gtx 256mb or if u have the money go for the 512mb one but the 256mb one will run any game u want for a long time

Back
Top Bottom