wanna help me find ram?

Yes, it's all about the need for speed. I usually get what the hardware requires which is PC3200. I just OC it using that. That's just me though. Yeah, you can get the PC4000 if you wish. I'm sure you'll have fun playing with it. It looks like a faster RAM (PC4000), so I'm sure there's a lot of potential in getting that. The cost is higher too so it must be good.

ok, cool. um, ill just keep looking around. i think ill buy my ram last(for my new system). 182 pin memory will cheapen with the launch of skt am2, right? cuz it uses 240 pin mem.

Yeah, it has got to come down in price. The new Socket will use DDR2 RAM configuration so the existing DDR will go way down. Give the PC4000 a try. I'm sure to do so myself too. I never go any higher than PC3200 before, but I'm sure it's like plug and play and everything adjusts automatically as far as RAM timing goes.

ya, i was reading some Q&A's on a dfi motherboard and it said something like "what would happen if i put on [brand name] ram ddr500 pc4000?" or whatever. and the answer was that the motherboard/post would read it as pc3200, but that it can be overclocked and the results can be seen with cpu-z or similar programs.

Okay, listen to this. If you buy PC3200 RAM, it is ONLY guranteed PC3200. If you buy PC4000, its is guranteed to oc to PC4000. So it basically gives you more headroom and less trouble on the way.

ownage said:
Okay, listen to this. If you buy PC3200 RAM, it is ONLY guranteed PC3200. If you buy PC4000, its is guranteed to oc to PC4000. So it basically gives you more headroom and less trouble on the way.
so with pc4000, the limit is pc4000+ but with pc3200, the limit is pc3200+?
(by +, i mean "it can OC to a little higher")

so basically, with pc4000, my memory will definately not be my limiting factor

Yeah, it obvisouly should be faster. I notice faster RAMs result in higher latency. Hmmm...do you see that pattern too as you search through different types of RAM? I think we all know that PC4000 can be used easily in a PC3200 environment. WHat we have to do next is to increase the FSB which increases the speed at which the RAM and the CPU run.

Back
Top Bottom