FSB on AMD X2 is not reading correctly

red2928

Baseband Member
From my understanding the FSB on the X2 4400+ is supposed to be 1000mhz. I have a Asus A8N SLI motherboard and it is reading at 800mhz. I have been in the BIOS and tried to see if anything inside will help and it increases the CPU speed as well which I am not trying to do yet. All I want to do is have the FSB where it is supposed to be. Thanks in advance for any advice.

hmm im not sure what you are saying...But i think i have an idea...wat is the FSB at rite now...? And im not sure if its suppose yo be at 1000 im gonna go check..

Right now it is at 200 mhz and from what I understand the calculation should be x4 so 200mhzx4=800mhz when it is supposed to be at 1000mhz.

There is no FSB. The AMD 64 line of processors use HTT which is an integrated memory controller. HTT operates at 2ghz up/down... Currently 1000mhz is one way. FSB is Front Side Bus. It's what Intel uses for their northbridge on their chipsets. FSB is slower than HTT.

Oh! It's 200!
Ok, then set HT to 5x and it should be 1000mhz.

EDIT:
Added a question
Deleted question and put in command

In the BIOS I saw that option and it is set at auto the only options it gives me is 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x, and 5x. Should I leave it on auto or change it?

Hey, download Cpuz and post a screen shot...i want to see the htt and multiplier on there...if its not too much to ask

How do I post a screen shot?

Also I changed the HTT to 5X and still no change. I am trying to figure out how to copy and paste a copy of CPUZ here to show you.

I have changed it from auto to 5X but still On CPUZ it still states 200MHZ as the FSB.

That should be fine. Think about it this way FSB=HTT. AMD is using 200mhz FSB which is 200mhz HTT. Because the FSB is 200mhz, and your HTT multiplier is 5, 200x5=1000. And in case you were wondering how to get 2.2Ghz, its 200x11(which is your internal multiplier.)

Back
Top Bottom