New Computer Setup OS Problems Help

sfc

Beta member
Hey guys,

I just bought myself a barebones setup as a second computer for the home office.

I am having problems getting windows xp to find the harddrive.

When I go into the SATA RAID BIO - I get a notice that says "The number of dis is not adequte to create a RAID".

So I exit from there and proceed to boot from windows xp cd.

The system boots from the cd and I get all the way to the setup screen and windows says

"Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer"

I appreciate any and all help!

Mike

uh oh, I'd like to know this as well. I've experienced this before, but got it fixed

joepic said:
uh oh, I'd like to know this as well. I've experienced this before, but got it fixed

I look forward to hearing from the PRO's. Maybe we can both get through this..

I should mention I dont have a 3.5 only cd rom.

I did some more research and I need to install the drivers I believe first... without a 3.5 I am going to try to make a boot cd out of the 3.5 that came with the drive...

but how can you install drivers without an OS first?
i've never tried that so I don't know...i've had my drivers already installed

Download the raid drivers from the manufacture, unzip and burn to CD.
When loading XP, when it first comes up read the bottom...
"Press F6 to load 3rd party raid drivers" or something to that effect.
Press F6, when it pompts you for the drivers, point it to the CD.
If it only offers you to point to the A drive, then make sure your MB manufacture doesn't have one for CD. You could always try "slipstreaming"
Of course, this requires an OS to work with first, and some free programs, but you can build your own disc, and integrate the drivers for SATA.

i was having issues with the F6 not recongizing??? Everything else was recognizing...

Since I am booting off the windows xp cd, will I be able to take it out and have it read the raid drivers cd?

I think the simple fix here is to go get myself a 3.5 since I hav ethe 3.5 here.. but I'm trying to avoid that.

Thanks

do cd drives come in 3.5 format? anyway, if it says no hard disk is found then maybe the hard drive is not installed correctly, securing the cables would help.

Back
Top Bottom